PDA

View Full Version : Tune in to Three For Kids' Sake! Radio Specials About the Lives of Children

H.Atterbury
October 27th 03, 11:32 PM
I am spreading the word about three For Kids' Sake! Radio Specials
airing this fall in the US and Canada. To find out where they're
airing near you, please check our updated station list at
http://www.forkidssakeradio.com/listeners/index.html for local
broadcast dates and times. You can also check our list of station Web
sites to find out which stations stream their programs online as well
as sign up to receive email notification as new stations come on
board.

Of interest to anyone concerned about what today's kids struggle to
overcome, these special programs contain messages of hope and powerful
demonstrations of what works to change children's lives, even in the
most desperate circumstances. This is radio that will get you thinking
in new ways about the lives of children.

-- I Want A Family - Kids Search for Belonging recounts the stories of
children traveling the rocky road from birthparents to foster
caregivers and back again, seeking and only sometimes finding the
comforting shelter of family.

-- From Every Angle – Responding to Kids in Crisis discovers
bureaucracies with "heart" that are helping to rebuild young lives.
Delinquency, abuse, neglect, truancy are all pieces in the puzzle that
child protection agencies, courts, and educators deal with when
families come apart.

-- Just Dying to Eat - Food, Fat, and Kids' Futures documents the
lives of families struggling with child obesity and young women
fighting the demons of anorexia and bulimia. This program looks for
solutions and provides food for thought about eating choices in the
land of plenty.

For Kids' Sake! Radio, an award-winning resource for parents, child
advocates and teachers, produces riveting stories that explore social
and cultural issues affecting children and teens. Please help us
spread the word about our trio of radio Specials.