PDA

View Full Version : Israel destroys disabled Palestinian kids' meds, vitamins & food

InfoGuy123
October 31st 03, 02:47 AM
http://www.iap.org/vita.htm
originally found linked from www.whatreallyhappened.com

Israel destroys shipment of vitamins for disabled Palestinian children

Occupied Jerusalem: 30 October, 2003 (IAP News): Zionist regime authorities
have destroyed a shipment of medicine, vitamins and other food supplements to
disabled Palestinian children in the refugee camps in the Gaza Strip, some of
whom suffer from down syndrome and malnutrition.

According to officials of al-Awda hospital in Gaza, the shipment is worth tens
of thousands of dollars.

“The shipment was held at the airport in Tel Aviv and we were told that
certain documents were needed. However when the documents were provided and
every time we submitted a document, another was demanded,� said Dr. M. al
Farra of the Awda hospital.

“Eventually, the Israeli government destroyed the shipment of the vitamins
without any explanation.�

The shipment in question was donated by the US-based Holy Land Trust, a
Christian charity.

A UN report last month accused the Israeli regime of preventing food and water
from hundreds of thousands of Palestinians.

Palestinian sources said Israeli port authorities were holding up hundreds of
tons of food materials donated to the Palestinians without any explanation.

A spokesman for a Hebron-based charity accused the Israeli government of
seeking “to starve Palestinian children.�

“I think they are waging a war of starvation against us. It is a kind of
holocaust,� said the official who asked for anonymity.

The Israeli occupation army tightly sealed the occupied territories when the
Aqsa intifada broke out more than three years ago.

Since then, Palestinian population centers have been reduced to virtual
detention camps, with Palestinians barred from traveling outside their
immediate population centers.

Israel has also been restricting foreign food aid to the Palestinians, pushing
many impoverished Palestinian families to the edge of starvation.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty ... servitude better than ... freedom,
go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel or your arms ... May your
chains set lightly upon you. May posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams

Markasurusi usProbertasaurusius
October 31st 03, 03:36 PM
"InfoGuy123" > wrote in message
> http://www.iap.org/vita.htm
> originally found linked from www.whatreallyhappened.com
>
> Israel destroys shipment of vitamins for disabled Palestinian children
>
> Occupied Jerusalem: 30 October, 2003 (IAP News): Zionist

We just know that this is an unbiased artcle at this point, don't we?