PDA

View Full Version : November 2003 - Act NOW - Save Our Children!

martin
November 5th 03, 09:56 PM
Child Medication Safety Act
HR 1170

Did you know in several states, if you refuse to allow your child to be
placed on psychiatric medication, social services can take your child from
you and you can be charged with child neglect?

Do You Have School-Age Children?

Protect Them Now!

If you have a child in the public school system, you may have already been
told that your child cannot be allowed in school unless he or she is
prescribed Ritalin or another drug for the treatment of Attention
Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).

If this has not happened to you, you're lucky, and your child is even
luckier. For despite all the press and "information" being issued on ADHD,
its neurological roots have yet to be supported by a shred of scientific
evidence. Any research you come across on the physical causes of ADHD will
be liberally sprinkled with terms such as, "It is generally believed
that..." and "It could be inferred that..." Never will you find, "ADHD is
caused by _____ physical condition." In fact, the Diagnostic and
Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, published by the American
Psychiatric Association and considered the basic reference on all such
disorders, flatly states, under ADHD's "Associated physical examination
findings and general medical conditions" that "There are no specific
physical features associated with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder,
although minor physical anomalies...may occur at a higher rate than in the
general population." These "anomalies" do not deal at all with the central
nervous system or even the brain. They include a "highly arched palate",
hypertelorism (having eyes too close together), and "low-set ears".

In truth, all that ADHD "treatments" have really meant is billions of
dollars in the pockets of the drug companies that have somehow managed to
pass off the lie that ADHD is a neurological disorder.

Given the lack of scientific support for physical causes of ADHD, the U.S.
Government is finally following in the footsteps of some 19 states and
making it against the law for school personnel to insist that students be
drugged as a condition for attending school. On May 21, 2003 the House of
Representatives passed bill number H.R. 1170, known as the Child Medication
Safety Act of 2003, which makes it mandatory for all states to develop and
implement policies prohibiting school personnel from requiring a child to
obtain a prescription for ADHD medications. The bill passed by a landslide
vote of 425 to 1.

But the bill has not been enacted into law, and that's where you come in.
Although the bill has passed the House of Representatives, it is now up to
the United States Senate to finally pass the bill and make it law.

You need to protect your child from the abuses of compulsory prescription of
these dangerous drugs. Call, write or fax your U.S. Senators today!

If you don't know who your U.S. Senators are, or don't know how to contact
them, you can get this information from the U.S. Senate Web site:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?OrderBy=state&Sort=ASC

Even if you don't have children of your own, do it for the rest of the
children in America who have no rights to refuse being administered
dangerous drugs. Do it for the parents that can lose their children if they
refuse to let their child be forcibly medicated.

martin
November 5th 03, 09:58 PM
I forgot to include the URL ...sorry.

http://www.prozactruth.com/cmsa.htm