PDA

View Full Version : Circumcision Link?

Lucky Skinman
November 7th 03, 06:49 AM
While surfing the net just recently, I came across a story from the
USA saying that 'alarm bells' were starting to ring as the statistics
of autism were showing that the rate of 'boys to girls' were
four-to-one (4:1) and these were boys who were circumcised (referred
to as MGM now...Male Genital Mutilation) and researchers think this is
PTS (Post Traumatic Shock) from the assault on their bodies when just
born.
If anyone comes across this article, please post it as a 'reply' to
this one.
Thanx.
~~~~~~~~~~TAKE HOME THE WHOLE BABY~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeff
November 8th 03, 01:05 AM
I don't why anyone would think circumcision has anything to do with autism.
As far as I know, the rates of circumcision not risen (I think has been
falling) and kids who have had major surgery right after birth (like open
heart surgery) or have been intubated, both of which are worse than having a
little skin removed, have a higher rate of autism. Plus, kids who have the
surgery with anesthesia, to my knowledge, do not have a lower rate of autism
compared to kids who have had the surgery without anesthesia.

In other words, the theory is conjecture-based, not fact-based. And the
facts do not back up the theory.

Why you would want anyone to send you a link that is so stupid, I would not
know.

Jeff

Lucky Skinman
November 13th 03, 01:52 AM
What other Newsgroups are saying about this matter......
http://www.usenet.com/newsgroups/misc.education.medical/msg00272.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jeff" > wrote in message
> I don't why anyone would think circumcision has anything to do with autism.
> As far as I know, the rates of circumcision not risen (I think has been
> falling) and kids who have had major surgery right after birth (like open
> heart surgery) or have been intubated, both of which are worse than having a
> little skin removed, have a higher rate of autism. Plus, kids who have the
> surgery with anesthesia, to my knowledge, do not have a lower rate of autism
> compared to kids who have had the surgery without anesthesia.
>
> In other words, the theory is conjecture-based, not fact-based. And the
> facts do not back up the theory.
>
> Why you would want anyone to send you a link that is so stupid, I would not
> know.
>
> Jeff

Jeff
November 13th 03, 03:53 AM
Yeah, so what? The other newsgroup article does not offer any evidence that
circs and autism are in any way linked.

Jeff