PDA

View Full Version : New Candy Concepts for Kids!

November 14th 03, 05:15 AM
Do you like candy, or once enjoyed candy as a child? Do you enjoy
learning about innovative new ideas? Here is an opportunity to share
your views on both by completing a short 10-minute survey on NEW candy
concepts!

We are researchers from the University of Michigan conducting an
anonymous survey to gain your views on various candy concepts and
entertainment brands. We hope that you will choose to participate in
this study.

To participate, please paste the following URL into your internet
browser and you will be directed to our online survey:

http://www.hrgems.com/guests/user_main.asp?userid=guest&password=F4UJ9CY

Depending on your internet connection, it may take a few moments for
the survey to load. We appreciate your time and interest!

Thank you!

Roger Schlafly
November 14th 03, 06:09 AM
> wrote
> We are researchers from the University of Michigan conducting an
> anonymous survey to gain your views on various candy concepts and

This is not a U.Mich. research study. I don't know what the scam is,
but ignore it.

Jeff
November 14th 03, 01:06 PM
"Roger Schlafly" > wrote in message
et...
> > wrote
> > We are researchers from the University of Michigan conducting an
> > anonymous survey to gain your views on various candy concepts and
>
> This is not a U.Mich. research study. I don't know what the scam is,
> but ignore it.

Actually, I think it is. The U of M gets free web services from the company
for surveys.

However, the U of M researchers who use this service should still have a
www.umich.edu/* address (and just redirect traffic to the other server) and
should have @umich.edu reply to addresses (having hotmail reply to addresses
is very unprofessional). And, the hotmail reply to address make we wonder if
this is a scam.

Of course, the study has major flaws, like self-selection bias and won't
have much meaning, so it is not worth it.

Jeff