PDA

View Full Version : Question about period after child--while nursing

Spanannie
July 8th 03, 02:23 AM
I finally got my period after almost 22 mos without it, on July 4. Prior to
pgcy, it had been fairly heavy, very painful, and lasted around 7 days.
This---that seemed to be a period to me---was so light, not hardly painful,
and lasted 3 days. Was this not a period and something else? Or is it
normal to have a light period for your 1st after child, while nursing? Will
it be worse next time? I'm not used to a period being so easy, so I'm
somewhat shocked.

Hopefully, this means that pregnancy and nursing did something good for my
endometriosis!

Thanks,
Annie
proud mommy to Zach 6.19.02

H Schinske
July 8th 03, 05:39 AM
Annie ) wrote:

>I finally got my period after almost 22 mos without it, on July 4. Prior to
>pgcy, it had been fairly heavy, very painful, and lasted around 7 days.
>This---that seemed to be a period to me---was so light, not hardly painful,
>and lasted 3 days. Was this not a period and something else? Or is it
>normal to have a light period for your 1st after child, while nursing? Will
>it be worse next time? I'm not used to a period being so easy, so I'm
>somewhat shocked.

Big YMMV issue. Some women do have much easier periods after being pregnant.
Maybe you'll be one of them. Mine were never (at least seldom) very bad to
begin with, but now I frequently have almost no cramps, nothing worth taking
ibuprofen for or anything. I did find that it was the first few after pregnancy
that were super easy and then they started being a bit crampier.

Others have the opposite experience and find that first post-pregnancy period a
real b*tch.

--Helen

Naomi Pardue
July 9th 03, 02:53 AM
>Will
>it be worse next time? I'm not used to a period being so easy, so I'm
>somewhat shocked.

It's not uncommon for women to find that, after having a baby (whether or not
they bf) their periods are much easier. Pre-baby I had horrible cramps with my
periods. After giving birth they were much less painful, and somewhat lighter.

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)

Chookie
July 9th 03, 06:23 AM
In article >,
"Spanannie" > wrote:

> I finally got my period after almost 22 mos without it, on July 4. Prior to
> pgcy, it had been fairly heavy, very painful, and lasted around 7 days.
> This---that seemed to be a period to me---was so light, not hardly painful,
> and lasted 3 days. Was this not a period and something else? Or is it
> normal to have a light period for your 1st after child, while nursing? Will
> it be worse next time? I'm not used to a period being so easy, so I'm
> somewhat shocked.

My frst one was light too.

> Hopefully, this means that pregnancy and nursing did something good for my
> endometriosis!

I hear that this IS often the case -- hope it works for you!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990

Leslie
July 11th 03, 04:08 AM
I used to get fairly severe cramps every few months pre-kids. Since my first
pregnancy I rarely have cramps at all.

Leslie