PDA

View Full Version : Re: Is 8 hours too long for 3 month old to sleep...

July 9th 03, 04:22 PM
"RuggyKurtz" > wrote in message

> >DD often sleeps for 8 hours at night after nursing every 2-3 hours all
day
> >long, and only 15min-1hour cat naps all day. Is this okay? She has
several
> >wet and poo diapers per day, weight is in the 90% percentile on last two
> >checkups. Extremely happy baby! My instincts tell me she if fine, but I
> >still
> >wake up several times per night to check on her. My body is adjusting
and I
> >have only gotten engorged twice this week and only in one breast. I try
> >waking
> >her before I go to bed but she will have nothing to do with it, I have
even
> >changed her diaper and she still does not wake up. Thanks for any input.
> >

> >Karen Ann
> >Mommy to:
> >Ashley 11-13-90
> >Meghan 3-10-97
> >Hayley "Chunky Monkey" 3-27-03
> >

> After *another* sleepless night with my baby, why oh why did I read this
> thread?!?!?! Now that I have been throughly sickened, lol! It seems to be
> working for your baby, so I don't see a problem with it!
>
> Brandy (who is going to have a talk with Abby about smaller babies
sleeping
> through the night and asking when she thinks she might do that!)

I think one reason my DD does is that I put her to bed on her stomach (I
know about the SIDS thing). ok - I'm a hypocrite here :) (I'll be the
first to admit I believe in the double standard, and "do as I say, not as I
do"). but anyway, if she were on her back, it would only be for 2 hours, 3
at most. I personally like sleeping...
Edith