PDA

View Full Version : 2 week growth spurt?

JoAnna
July 10th 03, 02:22 AM
is there normally a growth spurt at 2 wks? seems early to me but Anna turned
into the non-stop-super-sucker this week, wanting to bf constantly and being
very cranky at night from 9-12!! She doesn't spit up frequently like my son
did so i figure she's just a hungry gal and isn't getting full?

honestly i was getting concerned because she will only get up once to eat
during the night (and i'm so tired i don't get up unless she wakes me!!) so
i weighed her...

i put her on the scale today and she was 12lbs 8oz - wow...that's at 19
days old. she was born 10lbs 5 oz and was 9lbs 13oz when we got home from
the hospital.

so- is this usual or am i going to have a gigantic baby that nurses 24-7??

(sorry for the lousy typing and no caps...bf'ing while typing!!)
JoAnna

Patty Reali
July 11th 03, 01:04 AM
"JoAnna" > wrote in message
t...
> is there normally a growth spurt at 2 wks? seems early to me but Anna
turned
> into the non-stop-super-sucker this week, wanting to bf constantly and
being
> very cranky at night from 9-12!! She doesn't spit up frequently like my
son
> did so i figure she's just a hungry gal and isn't getting full?
>
> honestly i was getting concerned because she will only get up once to eat
> during the night (and i'm so tired i don't get up unless she wakes me!!)
so
> i weighed her...
>
> i put her on the scale today and she was 12lbs 8oz - wow...that's at 19
> days old. she was born 10lbs 5 oz and was 9lbs 13oz when we got home from
> the hospital.
>
> so- is this usual or am i going to have a gigantic baby that nurses 24-7??
>
> (sorry for the lousy typing and no caps...bf'ing while typing!!)
> JoAnna

Hi!

The typical growth spurt is at about 3 weeks, but from what I've read and
heard from others, this varies a good bit from baby to baby. Sounds like
your DD is doing just fine - I imagine she will slow down in a day or two or
three . . .

Good luck!

Patty