PDA

View Full Version : Agitation in the night...

Ivan Debono
July 10th 03, 08:08 AM
Hi all,

Like many of you, I finally moved from the .pregnancy newsgroup to this
one!!!

My son is just 4 weeks old and although he drinks breastmilk, it is pumped
and he drinks it from the bottle. I don't know if this is related to my
question but just for info.

He is a very quiet baby, hardly cries (just when he goes over the limit)...
but in the night he agitates himself so much that I'm getting worried. He
looks like he pushes and pushes downwards and makes noises from his mouth as
if something, somewhere is really irritating him.

Anybody has experienced this or has a clue?

Thanks,
Ivan

Bruce and Jeanne
July 10th 03, 12:08 PM
Ivan Debono wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Like many of you, I finally moved from the .pregnancy newsgroup to this
> one!!!
>
> My son is just 4 weeks old and although he drinks breastmilk, it is pumped
> and he drinks it from the bottle. I don't know if this is related to my
> question but just for info.
>
> He is a very quiet baby, hardly cries (just when he goes over the limit)...
> but in the night he agitates himself so much that I'm getting worried. He
> looks like he pushes and pushes downwards and makes noises from his mouth as
> if something, somewhere is really irritating him.
>
> Anybody has experienced this or has a clue?

When my son does that my first guess is gas. Second guess is that a
really big poop is coming (that's when I give the baby to DH :)

Jeanne
> Thanks,
> Ivan

H Schinske
July 10th 03, 06:47 PM
Ivan ) wrote:

>My son is just 4 weeks old and although he drinks breastmilk, it is pumped
>and he drinks it from the bottle.

Do you mind if I ask why?

--Helen

Ivan Debono
July 11th 03, 08:22 AM
My wife has sensitive nipples.

"H Schinske" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Ivan ) wrote:
>
> >My son is just 4 weeks old and although he drinks breastmilk, it is
pumped
> >and he drinks it from the bottle.
>
> Do you mind if I ask why?
>
> --Helen

teapot
July 11th 03, 10:56 PM
"Ivan Debono" > wrote in message >...
> snip
> He is a very quiet baby, hardly cries (just when he goes over the limit)...
> but in the night he agitates himself so much that I'm getting worried. He
> looks like he pushes and pushes downwards and makes noises from his mouth as
> if something, somewhere is really irritating him.
snip

sounds like my 5 week old when he is building up for a huge poo. does
his tummy go hard when he does it? or maybe he is just bored and
thinks its playtime

teapot and 5 week old moo boy