PDA

View Full Version : annoyed question for other aolers

JoelnCaryn
July 11th 03, 07:33 AM
There are *no* threads about Circe/Barbara anywhere to be found in my
newsgroups until the post from her today announcing her return home from the
hospital. None from Angela. None from Grandma Katie. Aaargh.

I didn't want to be on AOL in the first place as I'm used to better software
(long story there -- I had a good reason) and I'm about to be switching to a
different provider anyway, *but* -- is it just me, or are other aolers also
missing those posts?

--
Caryn, who got all worried after the fact and hates that
mama to Oscar, 10/20/02

Karen
July 11th 03, 01:34 PM
>There are *no* threads about Circe/Barbara anywhere to be found in my
>newsgroups until the post from her today announcing her return home from the
>hospital.

I have had no problems. Try unsubscribing to the newsgroup from your My
Newsgroups and then subcribing again this usually works for missed threads.
Good Luck.
Karen Ann
Mommy to:
Ashley 11-13-90
Meghan 3-10-97
Hayley "Chunky Monkey" 3-27-03

Naomi Pardue
July 11th 03, 01:49 PM
>>There are *no* threads about Circe/Barbara anywhere to be found in my
>>newsgroups until the post from her today announcing her return home from the
>>hospital.

I got them all. The only thing that I have noticed is that, while I subsribe
to all three groups (misc.kids/m.k.pregnancy and m.k.breastfeeding, ) not all
the posts cross-post.

Naomi
CAPPA Certified Lactation Educator

reply.)

Maryilee
July 11th 03, 03:22 PM

>There are *no* threads about Circe/Barbara anywhere to be found in my
>newsgroups until the post from her today announcing her return home from the
>hospital. None from Angela. None from Grandma Katie. Aaargh.
>
>I didn't want to be on AOL in the first place as I'm used to better software
>(long story there -- I had a good reason) and I'm about to be switching to a
>different provider anyway, *but* -- is it just me, or are other aolers also
>missing those posts?

I've seen them.
Maryilee

Maggie's Christmas page
http://www.angelfire.com/vi/maggie/christmaspictures.html
Info on hereditary spherocytosis
http://www.angelfire.com/vi/maggie/spherocytosis.html

Sara
July 11th 03, 03:47 PM
JoelnCaryn wrote:

> I didn't want to be on AOL in the first place as I'm used to better software...

You don't have to use AOL's newsreader -- you can use any program, and
a free newsserver. But maybe you know that already.

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle

<< I check this e-mail account infrequently >>

H Schinske
July 11th 03, 05:26 PM
Caryn wrote:

>*but* -- is it just me, or are other aolers also
>missing those posts?

No, I got all of them as far as I can tell. I don't think it is an AOL problem.

--Helen

H Schinske
July 11th 03, 05:29 PM
>There are *no* threads about Circe/Barbara anywhere to be found in my
>newsgroups until the post from her today announcing her return home from the
>hospital.

Ooh, brainwave! Have you got c*rc posts killfiled? Because most of the threads
have Circe in the header.

--Helen

JoelnCaryn
July 11th 03, 05:39 PM
>>There are *no* threads about Circe/Barbara anywhere to be found in my
>>newsgroups until the post from her today announcing her return home from the
>>hospital.
>
>Ooh, brainwave! Have you got c*rc posts killfiled? Because most of the
>threads
>have Circe in the header.

Bingo!

I should have thought of that...