PDA

View Full Version : Yogourt (OT)

Cheryl M. \(ChatBrat\)
July 12th 03, 06:22 AM
Does anyone have any solid references which explain why yogourt is different
from cow's milk and, therefore, can be introduced earlier than cow's milk?
(By solid, I mean true scientific data). My DH (family physician by trade)
is going on and on about cow's milk being introduced too early can
contribute to onset of type 1 diabetes and I'm saying "BUT IT'S YOGOURT, NOT
COW'S MILK" :)

theother Cheryl

Plissken
July 12th 03, 07:33 AM
"Cheryl M. (ChatBrat)" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have any solid references which explain why yogourt is
different
> from cow's milk and, therefore, can be introduced earlier than cow's milk?
> (By solid, I mean true scientific data). My DH (family physician by
trade)
> is going on and on about cow's milk being introduced too early can
> contribute to onset of type 1 diabetes and I'm saying "BUT IT'S YOGOURT,
NOT
> COW'S MILK" :)

> theother Cheryl

This may be of some help:

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/t045700.asp

Nadene

Michelle Podnar
July 12th 03, 02:20 PM
From what I understand it also has to do with the quantity given. Yogurt is
given maybe once a day, and maybe a few tablespoons, but when people
normally give cow's milk, it is to replace formula, or breastmilk in their
diet, so a lot more is given, so more reaction will be noticed. If you eat
a handful of Strawberries you are fine, but try eating it for every meal,
and you may not be.....

Michelle P