PDA

View Full Version : Update: A Great Nurser

Lina
July 12th 03, 07:46 PM
Alena's doing so well! It's amazing how well babies can do when they are
well cared for! She should be back home on Monday, providing she stops
losing weight. Right now she's down to 5lbs 10 oz from 5lbs 15oz. They're a
little worried, but not too much.
CAS is finally off my back, and they're just wrapping things up now.
Apparently they'll just check up on us every few months and I have to
submit to random drug testing because of my past. (11 years ago, but
fine... I made a mistake, and I'll pay for it however they want me to.)
Alena's now taking the breast really well! Already she feeds only from one
side or the other at a time. She won't take both breasts in one feeding.
But she's doing really well, and as soon as she gains weight mommy will be
happier.
I'm still living in a courtesy room at the hospital, and am getting up
every 2 hours to feed her. She's a funny little critter, and she reminds me
of my hamster. My breasts are so full of milk that when we start feeds, she
spends a few minutes just licking milk off my nipple. With her chubby
cheeks, she looks like a hamster. :D
That's all for now, back to moving for me. :) Talk to you all soon (I
hope!)

--
Lina
Alena born July 1st, 2003

Rob and Laura
July 12th 03, 11:19 PM
I believe its child services or something. They are here in Canada.
--
Laura
Mommy to Izabella Gertrude **Feb 10th, 2003**

"KC" > wrote in message
om...
> What is CAS? What country do you live in? Horrible that they hold
> something from so long ago against you.
>
> I am glad that all is going well now though.
>
> KC
>

> "Lina" > wrote in message
gers.com>...
> > Alena's doing so well! It's amazing how well babies can do when they are
> > well cared for! She should be back home on Monday, providing she stops
> > losing weight. Right now she's down to 5lbs 10 oz from 5lbs 15oz.
They're a
> > little worried, but not too much.
> > CAS is finally off my back, and they're just wrapping things up now.
> > Apparently they'll just check up on us every few months and I have to
> > submit to random drug testing because of my past. (11 years ago, but
> > fine... I made a mistake, and I'll pay for it however they want me to.)
> > Alena's now taking the breast really well! Already she feeds only from
one
> > side or the other at a time. She won't take both breasts in one feeding.
> > But she's doing really well, and as soon as she gains weight mommy will
be
> > happier.
> > I'm still living in a courtesy room at the hospital, and am getting up
> > every 2 hours to feed her. She's a funny little critter, and she reminds
me
> > of my hamster. My breasts are so full of milk that when we start feeds,
she
> > spends a few minutes just licking milk off my nipple. With her chubby
> > cheeks, she looks like a hamster. :D
> > That's all for now, back to moving for me. :) Talk to you all soon (I
> > hope!)

Chookie
July 13th 03, 04:11 AM
Sending going-home vibes your way!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990

Leslie
July 13th 03, 04:47 AM
That is great news, Lina! Can't wait to hear that you are going home.
Leslie

Emily (2/4/91), Jake (1/27/94), Teddy (2/15/95), and William (3/5/01)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/onemoremakesfour/

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth