PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs help

Meganabigailpage
July 13th 03, 01:21 AM
I am a new mom with a nine month baby who has been a great nurser. He started
taking an occasional bottle when he was three months old. That worked out well
as i could pump and his dad could feed him at night. I went back to work part
time when Logan was six months old. He would have one bottle during the time I
was gone (4-5 hours a day). He stopped taking a bottle at all several weeks
ago and since he really only eats minimal food he winds up being very hungry
during he time he is with his nanny. She has started bringing him to me to
nurse at work but I know he is hungry-he is much fussier than usual.

We have tried everything we can think of to get him to take a bottle. He does
drink plenty of water out of sippy cup but won't touch milk or formula in
either a cup or bottle.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Megan

Patty Reali
July 13th 03, 08:44 PM
"Meganabigailpage" > wrote in message
> I am a new mom with a nine month baby who has been a great nurser. He
started
> taking an occasional bottle when he was three months old. That worked out
well
> as i could pump and his dad could feed him at night. I went back to work
part
> time when Logan was six months old. He would have one bottle during the
time I
> was gone (4-5 hours a day). He stopped taking a bottle at all several
weeks
> ago and since he really only eats minimal food he winds up being very
hungry
> during he time he is with his nanny. She has started bringing him to me
> nurse at work but I know he is hungry-he is much fussier than usual.
>
> We have tried everything we can think of to get him to take a bottle. He
does
> drink plenty of water out of sippy cup but won't touch milk or formula in
> either a cup or bottle.

Have you tried a regular cup - not sippy? Also, you could try a sports
bottle - the kind with a little straw inside that connects to a folding
spout on top - our DS does great with them, and has since about 4.5 months.
Also - have you tried diff temperatures of the milk/formula? Sometimes
(apparently) this works. Didn't do anything for our DS, but others have
reported success.

Good luck!

Patty