PDA

View Full Version : Re: growth spurt

Lucy
July 14th 03, 06:40 PM
"E" > wrote in message
> OK, DD has been eating constantly. along with that, she seems to be
napping
> more - by this I mean that she falls asleep in my arms, but as soon as I
put
> her down she wakes up and starts crying. if I hold her, she sleeps great.
> so, my question, does sleeping more go along with a growth spurt?
> Edith

I have heard (not necessarily from a reliable source) that babies always
sleep more during growth spurts.

Something to do with the nutrition being used more for growth than for
moving and doing awake things.

Having said this, I didn't notice my DD sleeping more during her growth
spurts. That was maybe because she kept waking up due to hunger.