PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment

Marie
July 15th 03, 02:11 AM
My cousin stopped breastfeeding her 5 month old daughter :o( Not a reason in
the world except her pediatrician said it was ok to stop if she wanted
to.(doesn't mean it's right imo) She was a sahm with tons of relatives to
take the baby whenever she wanted, never had a problem with breastfeeding
(not a phsycial one, anyway, evidently she had some kind of problem with it)
Of course once the baby got on formula she has reflux.
I'm going to see her this weekend at a wedding, and will be nursing my
daughter, I just hope she doesn't say a word about why she stopped because I
know she knew better and I won't keep quiet.
Marie

Marie
July 16th 03, 03:54 AM
FayeC wrote in message ...
>What's up with doctors saying it's ok anyways???
>My niece stopped bfing her almost 4 month old DS cause she got back on the
>pill and dried up her milk.....what doctor would prescribe a normal pill to
>someone who is breastfeeding??
>The poor baby is now constipated.....

Most doctors just seem to have no clue about breastfeeding! I was told,
before my older daughter was even a year old, that she was too old to be
breastfeeding, and this was by her pediatrician.
Marie