PDA

View Full Version : blood in poop

K.B.
July 15th 03, 03:55 AM
My son is going on 3 months this week. He has blood in his poop. I was told
he was sensitive to the dairy I'm eating. I drink soy milk and I don't have
yogurt. I do have some cheese and other things like sour cream. Has anyone
else had this problem. I wonder if something else can be wrong. It's watery
poop and has mucus. My bottle-fed baby's poop looked like that when he had
dairy.
Kris

iphigenia
July 15th 03, 06:36 AM
K.B. wrote:
>> My son is going on 3 months this week. He has blood in his poop. I
>> was told he was sensitive to the dairy I'm eating. I drink soy milk
>> and I don't have yogurt. I do have some cheese and other things like
>> sour cream. Has anyone else had this problem. I wonder if something
>> else can be wrong. It's watery poop and has mucus. My bottle-fed
>> baby's poop looked like that when he had dairy.

Cheese definitely set my son off when he was dairy-sensitive. I don't like
many dairy products, but all the ones I do like weren't easy on his tummy. I
would cut out dairy altogether for a few weeks (it takes a couple weeks to
get all traces of dairy out of the system). Some babies are really sensitive
and you'll have to read labels looking for casein and whey.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Beth Kevles
July 15th 03, 01:00 PM
Hi -

If your baby is sensitive to dairy through your breastmilk, then the
issue is with milk PROTEIN. ANd milk protein is, unfortunately, present
in ALL milk products, not just milk and yogurt. TO make matters worse,
cheese is composed almost entirely of milk protein, which makes it even
worse than the milk you drink.

You may also need to stay away from milk in processed foods. Visit my
web site for more detailed information.

I hope he grows out of it!
--Beth Kevles