PDA

View Full Version : Cdn source for domperidone

Ducky Lawyer
July 15th 03, 02:21 PM
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a Canadian source of
domperidone...I'm thinking my doctor may recommend a script to have in
hand in case I do have to go back to work outside the home quickly, and
thought maybe someone here might have done some comparison shopping for
domperidone.
(I need a Canadian pharmacy for insurance purposes, preferably in
Ontario). I'd like to compare pricing to local pharmacies, too.

Thanks in advance,
Barbara

Larry McMahan
July 15th 03, 07:23 PM
Ducky Lawyer > writes:
: Hi all,
: Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a Canadian source of
: domperidone...I'm thinking my doctor may recommend a script to have in
: hand in case I do have to go back to work outside the home quickly, and
: thought maybe someone here might have done some comparison shopping for
: domperidone.
: (I need a Canadian pharmacy for insurance purposes, preferably in
: Ontario). I'd like to compare pricing to local pharmacies, too.

: Thanks in advance,
: Barbara

I think there are some Canadian on-line pharmacies that have it. You might
try doing an internet search.

Larry

calliaz
July 17th 03, 08:55 PM
Ducky Lawyer wrote:

> Hi all,
> Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a Canadian source of
> domperidone...I'm thinking my doctor may recommend a script to have in
> hand in case I do have to go back to work outside the home quickly, and
> thought maybe someone here might have done some comparison shopping for
> domperidone.
> (I need a Canadian pharmacy for insurance purposes, preferably in
> Ontario). I'd like to compare pricing to local pharmacies, too.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Barbara

Hey Barbara!

Look here for a list of some Canadian Pharmacies:
http://www.bfar.org/domperidone-obtain.shtml

Also, I just read on their site and interesting new fact:
Maximizing Absorption
A study by Heykants (1) has shown that absorption of
domperidone increases from 13% to 23% if domperidone is
given ninety (90) minutes after eating. This means that the
drug will act most effectively when mothers take it an hour
and a half after eating.

1. Heykants et al. "On the pharmokinetics of Domperidone in
animals and man." European Journal of Drug Metabolism and
Pharmokinetics 6: 61-70, 1981.

Jennifer in AZ
EPing for Carter, 5 months