PDA

View Full Version : One year anniversary (a little late)

Anne Robotti
July 15th 03, 10:16 PM
I don't know if anybody remembers me, but I posted here quite a bit
when I was pregnant with Victoria. I was only able to nurse my other
two children for a combined total of four months, and I was determined
to breastfeed Victoria.

I got some excellent input from people here, but what helped me the
most were the (numerous) suggestions that I not let my bad LLL
experience prevent me from seeking out RL help.

I had Victoria in May of 2002, and we did have some problems in the
beginning. I did call the LLL counselor, with some trepidation. She
wrote me long letters and came to the house twice to help me. Her
advice was *right on* and I breastfed Victoria exclusively for the
entire three months I was out of work and for 2-1/2 months entirely
with EBM. After a while I couldnt' keep up the EBM, but she only got
one four-ounce bottle of formula a day until I lost my job in January,
after which she was exclusively breastfed again until she went to
regular milk. We are still doing several feedings a day, and I'm
really not looking to wean even though she eats and drinks many other
things, including cow's milk.

Anyway, thought I would share and say thank you as our 14-month
anniversary approaches.

Anne

Jolene
July 15th 03, 11:42 PM
What were your bad experiences with LLL? You can email me privately if you
want.