PDA

View Full Version : When can I eat dairy

Melissa
July 17th 03, 03:58 PM
DD currently gets horrible stomach cramps when I eat dairy. I'm wondering
how long I should go before trying to eat it again. Is this something she'll
grow out of or do I have to give up dairy for the entire time I'm nursing?

--
Melissa (in Los Angeles)
Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Beth Kevles
July 17th 03, 04:33 PM
Hi -

Try eating dairy again at 5 months. If it's still a problem, try again
at 7 months.

--Beth Kevles

Romy
July 17th 03, 06:53 PM
Does it include drinking milk also?

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:58:45 GMT, "Melissa" >
wrote:

>DD currently gets horrible stomach cramps when I eat dairy. I'm wondering
>how long I should go before trying to eat it again. Is this something she'll
>grow out of or do I have to give up dairy for the entire time I'm nursing?
>
>--
>Melissa (in Los Angeles)
>Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Laurie
July 18th 03, 04:40 AM
Melissa wrote in message ...
>DD currently gets horrible stomach cramps when I eat dairy. I'm wondering
>how long I should go before trying to eat it again. Is this something
she'll
>grow out of or do I have to give up dairy for the entire time I'm nursing?
>
>--
>Melissa (in Los Angeles)
>Mum to Elizabeth 4/13/03

Jessica was dairy intolerant (Christopher is not! Yaay!). I would try and
add things every now and then, and it would still bug her. Around 6 months
or so I was able to eat some things like cheese and ice cream on occasion,
but I really couldn't drink actual milk until she was a year. Most likely,
she'll outgrow it. Good luck!

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 27 months
and Christopher, 13 weeks