PDA

View Full Version : 10 mo partying at breast causing nipple trauma

Christy
July 18th 03, 03:16 PM
Ok, I know this is a phase, but how do I end it sooner than later and
what can I do for my poor nipple? I nurse my ds down for naps and bed
and lately he has become REALLY fidgety in my lap. He used to always
fall asleep while nursing, now I'm having to lay him down because he
can't seem to get comfortable to fall asleep in my lap. He amazingly
enough isn't protesting this (someone must of switched babies on me).

He will only really nurse from one side before sleep, I nurse at
morning wakeup and the afternoon from the other breast. So only one
breast is getting this rough treatment. He is teething and already
has 6 teeth, but it isn't the teeth that is hurting. It is the
slipped latch and his tongue rubbing on the tip of my nipple. I have
a couple of blister right now. I'm air drying and using Lansinoh.

Also, I just started on antibiotics for a sinus infection. Trauma
definitely started before the antibiotics though. I'm really afraid
this nipple trauma will turn into thrush. How can I prevent that?

Thanks,
Christy and Ben (10 mo today!!!)