PDA

View Full Version : oatmeal?

K.B.
July 21st 03, 02:18 PM
Some posts mention eating oatmeal. Is that supposed to make milk thicker or
a better supply?
Kris

Belphoebe
July 21st 03, 02:27 PM
"K.B." > wrote in message
rthlink.net...
> Some posts mention eating oatmeal. Is that supposed to make milk thicker
or
> a better supply?

Boost supply.

Belphoebe

iphigenia
July 21st 03, 04:16 PM
K.B. wrote:
>> Some posts mention eating oatmeal. Is that supposed to make milk
>> thicker or a better supply?

You can't make milk thicker. Oatmeal is a galactagogue.

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

Jenrose
July 22nd 03, 09:04 AM
"Belphoebe" > wrote in message

> "K.B." > wrote in message
> rthlink.net...
> > Some posts mention eating oatmeal. Is that supposed to make milk thicker
> or
> > a better supply?
>
> Boost supply.

Oh lord.

I had *plenty* of milk with my daughter. But I have since developed a "bowl
of oatmeal every single day" routine.... This could get scary next time
'round.

Jenrose

K.B.
July 23rd 03, 02:43 AM
What the heck is a galactagogue? I always heard you can make your milk
thicker, more filling. How come I've seen my sisters milk when she pumped
and it looked so thin and my milk is so creamy?

"iphigenia" > wrote in message
> K.B. wrote:
> >> Some posts mention eating oatmeal. Is that supposed to make milk
> >> thicker or a better supply?
>
> You can't make milk thicker. Oatmeal is a galactagogue.
>
> --
> iphigenia
> www.tristyn.net

Phoebe & Allyson
July 23rd 03, 03:19 AM
K.B. wrote:

> What the heck is a galactagogue?

Something to help you make more milk.

> I always heard you can make your milk
> thicker, more filling.

If you tell us how you think that can be done, we can either
agree or refute.

> How come I've seen my sisters milk when she pumped
> and it looked so thin and my milk is so creamy?

You saw foremilk from her and hindmilk from you, or her baby
is older than yours, or milk can look different without
having significantly different fat content, is my guess. Or
maybe it had sat for a certain period of time -- mine looks
much creamier immediately after pumping than after a day in
the fridge.

Phoebe :)