PDA

View Full Version : Re: what is hopps?

Larry McMahan
July 22nd 03, 12:25 AM
ted > writes:
: I read in this ng that "hopps" as well as brewers' yeast makes beer a
: good galactagogue. What is hopps? Is this some kind of grain? Can I
: get that in healthfood stores and treat it and eat it pretty much like
: oats? I'm sorry for being so clueless but I dont' drink beer and I
: never heard of hopps before.

: Thanks.

It is actually a flower. I make tea from it all the time. It has
a bitter taste (like beer, surprise).

Larry

iphigenia
July 22nd 03, 02:59 AM
ted wrote:
>> I read in this ng that "hopps" as well as brewers' yeast makes beer a
>> good galactagogue.

Google is your friend, as ever:

http://www.realbeer.com/hops/
http://www.uvm.edu/~pass/perry/hops.html
http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/h/hops--32.html

--
iphigenia
www.tristyn.net

ted
July 22nd 03, 06:05 PM
Why do you make tea from it? Does it help with your wife's milk supply
or does it have any other benefits? Where do you get these flowers?
Any store (in USA)? How do you make tea?

Thanks.

Larry McMahan > wrote in message >...
> ted > writes:
> : I read in this ng that "hopps" as well as brewers' yeast makes beer a
> : good galactagogue. What is hopps? Is this some kind of grain? Can I
> : get that in healthfood stores and treat it and eat it pretty much like
> : oats? I'm sorry for being so clueless but I dont' drink beer and I
> : never heard of hopps before.
>
> : Thanks.
>
> It is actually a flower. I make tea from it all the time. It has
> a bitter taste (like beer, surprise).
>
> Larry

MonifromMarrs
July 22nd 03, 06:37 PM
I dont know the benifit of hopps and milk supply but I can tell you that you
can find it at a home brew store. I dont know where you live but I live in the
Dallas area and there are several home brew stores around and they carry hopps.
Moni

Belphoebe
July 22nd 03, 06:46 PM
"ted" > wrote in message
om...
> Why do you make tea from it? Does it help with your wife's milk supply
> or does it have any other benefits? Where do you get these flowers?
> Any store (in USA)? How do you make tea?

My DH was able to buy it in bulk from a natural-foods co-op. In his case,
he used it to brew his own beer. ;)

Belphoebe