ParentingBanter.com

-   Child Support (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Things to think of before you get married again.. (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=45133)

Gini October 16th 06 04:14 AM

Things to think of before you get married again..

"Kenneth S." wrote
As for me, I'm waiting until Anna Nicole Smith (aka the Widow Marshall)
gets her hands on her deceased oilman husband's millions. THEN, I'll make
my move. Is that good enough, "enquiring minds?" Does that take me out
of your category of the "stupid men?"

==
Gawd, Kenneth--It is hardly fitting for you to denigrate the lovely Widow
Marshall
at the deepest hour in her life! Besides, it appears she has become quite
smitten with
the lawyer Stern and still will not give you the time of day. Not only that
but now
you've gone and upset the femimoron Fred who really is at her absolute worst
these
days! She's been having a really hard time keeping up around here. Just when
she
finishes researching one word someone goes and types another she doesn't
understand
and she has to go figure that one out (She likes Bob, you know). You really
should
not have brought any of this up. I don't think "enquiring minds" was even
talking to you.

Bob Whiteside October 16th 06 05:23 AM

"Gini" wrote in message

[...]

You know it has become quite fashionable to claim paternity for Anna
Nichol's new baby. Lots of men want to get their name in the paper to brag
about servicing Anna Nichol. It's fairly obvious one of those men forgot to
wear a condom.

teachrmama October 16th 06 05:47 AM

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message

"Gini" wrote in message

[...]

You mean one of those not bright, mentally challenged idiots that
enquiringlymindless talked about?

Bob Whiteside October 16th 06 06:17 AM

"Gini" wrote in message

[...]

Actually, I think enquiring minds is on to something with her theory. The
Anna Nicole case is a wonderful example of how her theory would work in
practice.

If men only had sex with women with more money (like Anna Nicole) and the
woman got pregnant, the men would come out of the woodwork making false
claims of paternity to get access to her money. It would be a race to the
court house to secure a paternity order. And if enough men claimed they
were the father, the paternity winner could claim the mother was unfit
because of her sexual indiscretion with so many different men and "father"
would get custody of the child. That way the higher income woman would be
forced to pay CS to the father (bio or not) and he would be set for life.

Think about it. It's a wonderful plan!

teachrmama October 16th 06 07:37 AM

"Gini" wrote in message

[...]

chuckle Don't give enquiringbutmindless any ideas, Bob. She might
advertise herself as rich just to get that many guys that she could name as
fathers.

Gini October 16th 06 08:12 AM

Things to think of before you get married again..

"Bob Whiteside" wrote
"teachrmama" wrote
"Bob Whiteside" wrote

[...]

Sorry Bob, that's not how the system works. See, if 4 men request paternity,
mother custody would be maintained and the lot would be ordered to pay. I
think Kenneth could be on shaky ground here.

teachrmama October 16th 06 02:46 PM

Things to think of before you get married again..

"Gini" wrote in message

"Bob Whiteside" wrote
"teachrmama" wrote
"Bob Whiteside" wrote

[...]

I was trhinking about that earlier. If a woman filed for child support from
4 different guys in 4 different states, could she actually get CS from all
4? Or is there some way for the states to check and make sure she isn't
doing that?

Kenneth S. October 17th 06 01:25 PM

Things to think of before you get married again..

Anyone who follows the outcome of lawsuits over prenuptial contracts
knows that the extent to which they protect those who enter into them is
severely limited. In the first place, courts make use of the phony
"contrary to public policy" argument to rule out any contracts that cover
the really important issues like custody of the children. Secondly, even in
regard to financial assets, no man should rely on a prenuptial contract as a
guarantee that a court in the future will not award to his soon to be
ex-wife a good proportion of the assets that he has built up.

I'm not saying that prenuptial contracts are worthless. They're better
than nothing. But all the "stupid men" that Fred/enquiring minds is so
concerned about had better not place too much trust in them. Better to
follow the advice of Fred/enquiring minds, and marry a woman who's much
wealthier, and let HER worry about what happens if there's a divorce. (But
don't tell Anna Nicole Smith that I said this -- I don't want to jinx our
relationship.)

"Fred" wrote in message
. net...
Kenneth S. wrote:
"Enquiring minds" makes frequent references in her comments below to
"stupid men," and the various ways in which they show their stupidity.

That is a distortion.

I searched the message in question for the phrase "stupid men", and what I
found was the phrase, "this relates to stupid men who marry women who earn
less than they do."

However, the whole tone of her message suggests that any man who has any
intimate contact with a woman is stupid -- particularly if the woman
exhibits the attitudes shown by "enquiring minds."

More distortions ...

This is the kind of message that tells us much more about "enquiring
minds" than it does about the issues being discussed here.

... and yet more.

Dusty is right. The balance of power between the sexes HAS been
destroyed.

Y'all masculinists aren't talking about balance of power. y'all are
talking about male superiority and dominance over women, specifically by
controlling the money.

So it's real simple: if you want to control the money, execute a pre-nup.
I am a big fan of pre-nups, because they spell out the responsibilities of
the parties. That's always a good thing, in my opinion. It is simply the
smart thing to do.