ParentingBanter.com

-   Pregnancy (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Twist my arm...:) (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=25565)

Jenrose December 15th 04 06:16 AM

Twist my arm...:)

My aunt sent me a link from the BBC showing that preliminary research shows
that theobromine, found in good, dark chocolate and cocoa, is a cough
suppressant. And since there's *also* research showing that women who eat
chocolate in pregnancy have happier babies, well, a girl's gotta do what a
girl's gotta do.

So I've got cocoa to drink hot (no milk) and yummy trader-joe's organic
truffles.

They're medicine, I tell ya, medicine!

Jenrose

Ericka Kammerer December 15th 04 03:22 PM

Jenrose wrote:

My aunt sent me a link from the BBC showing that preliminary research shows
that theobromine, found in good, dark chocolate and cocoa, is a cough
suppressant. And since there's *also* research showing that women who eat
chocolate in pregnancy have happier babies, well, a girl's gotta do what a
girl's gotta do.

So I've got cocoa to drink hot (no milk) and yummy trader-joe's organic
truffles.

They're medicine, I tell ya, medicine!

;-) I've been eyeballing the dark Spanish hot chocolate at
Zingermans. Here's the blurb:

"This stuff gives new and very seriously sensual meaning to the words
"hot chocolate." It is to standard issue hot cocoa what a cup of great
Guatemalan coffee is to Maxwell House®. When you read about chocolate
being the morning beverage of Renaissance royalty in Europe, this is
what they were drinking. I know it’s hard to believe anything that good
could come from a pre-packed mix, but it does. So thick, so chocolate-y,
so intensely rich, it’s almost impossible to describe. If any beverage
is better than sex, this is it. This is a huge hit every holiday, we
always sell everything we can obtain— get yours quick. "

I keep obsessing about it, but it's sold out! Arrrrgh! I should
have succumbed earlier :-(

Best wishes,
Ericka

Min E December 15th 04 05:21 PM

Jenrose wrote:
My aunt sent me a link from the BBC showing that preliminary research shows
that theobromine, found in good, dark chocolate and cocoa, is a cough
suppressant. And since there's *also* research showing that women who eat
chocolate in pregnancy have happier babies, well, a girl's gotta do what a
girl's gotta do.

So I've got cocoa to drink hot (no milk) and yummy trader-joe's organic
truffles.

They're medicine, I tell ya, medicine!

Jenrose

"yummy trader-joe's organic truffles" you said? I'm gonna go get some!!!
I'm also eyeing on some PERNIGOTTI chocolates... :P

I saw a brief report of the "chocolate in pregnancy ---happier baby"
news in Fit Pregnancy magazine. That sure reduces a lot of guilts. :)

Min

Irene December 15th 04 08:27 PM

That would explain why Gwendolyn is such a happy baby! ;-) I swear, I
had such the sweets cravings when I was pg with her, it was crazy!

Hope the chocolate helps you feel better! (And I hope google doesn't
eat this post - the beta version was posting things really quickly, and
then not at all, sigh)

Irene

A&G&K&H December 15th 04 11:21 PM

"Jenrose" wrote in message
news:1103092073.89c55509a5e409bc277261cc1b7774b0@t eranews...
My aunt sent me a link from the BBC showing that preliminary research

shows
that theobromine, found in good, dark chocolate and cocoa, is a cough
suppressant. And since there's *also* research showing that women who eat
chocolate in pregnancy have happier babies, well, a girl's gotta do what a
girl's gotta do.

So I've got cocoa to drink hot (no milk) and yummy trader-joe's organic
truffles.

They're medicine, I tell ya, medicine!

Jenrose

Ohhh yes! That study was reported here whilst I was pg with H and like the
perfect mother I am (LOL) I consumed lots of good dark chocolate ... and lo
and behold I got "Happy Harry"
.... of course I also put on about 18 kgs whilst pregnant this time (which
I've lost ...plus some).
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Kelly December 16th 04 05:32 AM

I read this a few months ago. This better be one happy baby!

eating broken off pieces of chocolate with almonds......

Kelly

Kelly December 16th 04 05:33 AM

Talking about Trader Joe's and chocolate-have you seen the pound plus bar?
They have milk or dark chocolate with almonds.....yum. Really adds to the
pregnancy tea ritual at night ;)

Kelly

Jenrose December 16th 04 05:42 AM

"Kelly" wrote in message
Talking about Trader Joe's and chocolate-have you seen the pound plus bar?
They have milk or dark chocolate with almonds.....yum. Really adds to the
pregnancy tea ritual at night ;)

lol! I'm trying to mostly stick to lower fat versions of chocolate, although
I do make an exception for the organic truffles because their cocoa content
is so high (and they are *soo* tasty).

Jenrose

Kelly December 16th 04 06:08 AM

but almonds are so good for you ;)
My inlaws gave each grownup child $50 giftcards to TJ's, so DH and I are so
excited. I sense a tub of chocolate almond clusters in my very near future
;)

Kelly

Jenrose December 16th 04 07:05 AM

"Kelly" wrote in message
but almonds are so good for you ;)
My inlaws gave each grownup child $50 giftcards to TJ's, so DH and I are
so
excited. I sense a tub of chocolate almond clusters in my very near
future
;)

Remember the darker the better--milk chocolate has relatively less
theobromine.

Jenrose