ParentingBanter.com

-   Pregnancy (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Boot Camp For Dads? (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=4894)

Mark Cimoli November 3rd 03 11:46 PM

Boot Camp For Dads?

Hiya, The Birth Center here in Yakima is having a Boot Camp for New Dads.
It is a All male class. I was wondering if any one out there have heard of
this or have gone to it? How was it? This is a 3 hr class. Can anyone
give any feed back from them. How did they like it? Thanks for the input.

Mark

HollyLewis November 4th 03 12:44 AM

Boot Camp For Dads?

Hiya, The Birth Center here in Yakima is having a Boot Camp for New Dads.
It is a All male class. I was wondering if any one out there have heard of
this or have gone to it? How was it? This is a 3 hr class. Can anyone
give any feed back from them. How did they like it? Thanks for the input.

Mark

My DH didn't go to one of these, but I've seen articles in the local paper
about them. The guys they interviewed seem to think it was worthwhile. I
figure, the more daddy buddies you can meet, the better. :-)

Holly

Larry McMahan November 4th 03 02:28 AM

Boot Camp For Dads?

Mark Cimoli writes:
: Hiya, The Birth Center here in Yakima is having a Boot Camp for New Dads.
: It is a All male class. I was wondering if any one out there have heard of
: this or have gone to it? How was it? This is a 3 hr class. Can anyone
: give any feed back from them. How did they like it? Thanks for the input.

: Mark

Well, we had a homebirth, and I didn't do anything like this. I DID go to
ALL the midwife appointments.

Larry

Karen November 4th 03 03:19 AM

Boot Camp For Dads?

My husband went to one. It was quite a bit smaller than they usually
are, but the idea is to give dads hands-on and one-to-one peer guidance
about babycare, wife care, coming changes, etc. He liked it and would
recommend it, especially for someone who really has no experience with
infants, as many men really don't.

-Karen, mom to Henry 3 and someone due 4/24/04-

Fer November 4th 03 05:32 PM

Boot Camp For Dads?

Mark, take a look at http://www.newdads.com/. You learn all sorts of neat
stuff, like how to teach your nine-month-old daughter to play golf. :)

What a great site! Thanks for posting it!

--

Jenn
-WAHM

Mark Cimoli November 4th 03 07:10 PM

Boot Camp For Dads?

Cool. thanks for that great site.
Mark

"Richard" wrote in message
Mark Cimoli wrote:
: Hiya, The Birth Center here in Yakima is having a Boot Camp for New

Dads.
: It is a All male class. I was wondering if any one out there have heard

of
: this or have gone to it? How was it? This is a 3 hr class. Can anyone
: give any feed back from them. How did they like it? Thanks for the

input.

Mark, take a look at http://www.newdads.com/. You learn all sorts of neat
stuff, like how to teach your nine-month-old daughter to play golf. :)

I didn't attend one, but only because there were none offered anywhere

near
home. We did take the full set of classes, though, prenatal, infant care,
breastfeeding, relaxation,..... and found them all to be worthwhile.

Richard
Micaela's dad