ParentingBanter.com

-   Child Support (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Deadbeat dad, singer & Ruben Studdard look-alike Sean Levert died of natural causes; prob. faked his death to avoid paying all that C.S. (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=64376)

teachrmama June 5th 08 02:19 PM

Deadbeat dad, singer & Ruben Studdard look-alike Sean Levert died of natural causes; prob. faked his death to avoid paying all that C.S.

"Phil" wrote in message

"DVD" wrote in message
Chris wrote:

[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]

Okay, what about a guy who is in prison running hookers and selling meth
to other innmates? He can easily afford to support a child with his meth
and hooker earnings, but can he really take custody of the child?

Supporting a child is more than money. I think that is the problem here.
You seem to equate money as the cure for all ills and the answer to all
problems.
Supporting children means so much more than paying money to someone who
may or may not use it for the children. "Support" means kissing boo-boos,
explaining homework problems, educating on morals, assuring a teen that
acne is not the end of the world, teaching how to drive and why money can
not buy happiness.

What's interesting is that, when he tells all the things he (supposedly)
does for his (supposed) children, these are the sorts of things he talks
about. But when he talks about other men's children, all he can talk about
is money.

Phil June 5th 08 04:39 PM

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message

"DVD" wrote in message
Chris wrote:

[...]

Telling idinit?
Phil #3

Chris June 5th 08 07:48 PM

--
[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]

..
..
"DVD" wrote in message
Phil wrote:

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message

"DVD" wrote in message
. ..

Chris wrote:

[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to
have
custody of such child]

Okay, what about a guy who is in prison running hookers and selling
meth to other innmates? He can easily afford to support a child with
his meth and hooker earnings, but can he really take custody of the
child?

What's interesting is that, when he tells all the things he
(supposedly) does for his (supposed) children, these are the sorts of
things he talks about. But when he talks about other men's children,
all he can talk about is money.

Telling idinit?
Phil #3

Bull**** actually. Looks like you can't argue against common sense.
Probably because you are too busy fighting all the biases the world has
against you.

One guy claims that any guy who can pay support should have custody,

Who might THAT be?

ask about a guy who does have money but is a meth dealer in jail, you 2
idiots try to claim "its all about money to you" when in reality that
would be exactly opposite of the point I made. On top of that the point
made by the original poster is all about money and my post says it
isn't. Can you see now why your arguements and anecdotes shouldn't be
believed by a sensible person?

teachrmama June 6th 08 02:06 AM

"DVD" wrote in message
Phil wrote:

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message

"DVD" wrote in message
.. .

Chris wrote:

[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to have
custody of such child]

Okay, what about a guy who is in prison running hookers and selling
meth to other innmates? He can easily afford to support a child with
his meth and hooker earnings, but can he really take custody of the
child?

What's interesting is that, when he tells all the things he (supposedly)
does for his (supposed) children, these are the sorts of things he talks
about. But when he talks about other men's children, all he can talk
about is money.

Telling idinit?
Phil #3

Bull**** actually. Looks like you can't argue against common sense.

Why don't you try trotting some out, and we'll see.

teachrmama June 6th 08 02:07 AM

Deadbeat dad, singer & Ruben Studdard look-alike Sean Levert died of natural causes; prob. faked his death to avoid paying all that C.S.

"DVD" wrote in message
teachrmama wrote:

"Phil" wrote in message

"DVD" wrote in message
. ..

Chris wrote:

[...]

He lies, you join in and swear to what he says. You are the most dishonest
group of people I have ever seen.

Us? Really? Then I know for sure that you have never been to family court!!

Phil June 6th 08 02:47 PM

"DVD" wrote in message
Phil wrote:

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Phil" wrote in message

"DVD" wrote in message
.. .

Chris wrote:

[Any man that's good enough to support a child is good enough to
have
custody of such child]

Okay, what about a guy who is in prison running hookers and selling
meth to other innmates? He can easily afford to support a child
with his meth and hooker earnings, but can he really take custody
of the child?

What's interesting is that, when he tells all the things he
(supposedly) does for his (supposed) children, these are the sorts of
things he talks about. But when he talks about other men's children,
all he can talk about is money.

Telling idinit?
Phil #3

Bull**** actually. Looks like you can't argue against common sense.

Never tried, myself but you seem to have lots of experience.

Probably because you are too busy fighting all the biases the world
has against you.

Not me personally. I've been out of the loop of legalized extortion
(custody and C$) for some time now.

One guy claims that any guy who can pay support should have custody, I
ask about a guy who does have money but is a meth dealer in jail, you
2 idiots try to claim "its all about money to you" when in reality
that would be exactly opposite of the point I made.

You see, that is the problem. Child support IS about how much money the
father can pay the mother. Not the children and not other forms of
support including but not limited to spiritual, emotional and moral
support.

On top of that the point made by the original poster is all about money
and my post says it isn't. Can you see now why your arguements and
anecdotes shouldn't be believed by a sensible person?

The fact that you think a divorced, non-custodial father's role is
anything other than money proves that you don't have a clue about child
support.
Money is the only acceptable form of child support for NCPs that states
acknowledge.
You need to at least have an open mind and do some actual research (not
accomplished solely by reading a newspaper, by the way).
Those who have devoted years of their life in living as you deny AND
have done years of reading unbiased articles and studies may just be
more educated than someone who once read a short article in a newspaper
that only reinforced their prejudice.
Phil #3

Phil June 6th 08 02:49 PM

Deadbeat dad, singer & Ruben Studdard look-alike Sean Levert died of natural causes; prob. faked his death to avoid paying all that C.S.

"DVD" wrote in message
teachrmama wrote:

"Phil" wrote in message

"DVD" wrote in message
. ..

Chris wrote:

[...]

You use your own prejudice as you sole proof of our "lies" and claim to
have knowledge gained from one article in a newspaper that you cannot
produce.
Hmmmmmmm.
Ya caught us, alright.
Phil#3

teachrmama June 7th 08 02:03 AM

Deadbeat dad, singer & Ruben Studdard look-alike Sean Levert died of natural causes; prob. faked his death to avoid paying all that C.S.

"DVD" wrote in message
Phil wrote:

"DVD" wrote in message

teachrmama wrote:

"Phil" wrote in message

"DVD" wrote in message
. ..

Chris wrote:

[...]

In this tangent I am responding to 3 specific posts, mine and your 2
dishonest interpretations of what my post said. You have ignored the truth
and gone onto 2 more tangents. Think I have no basis for thinking your
side of a story is not the whole story?

Anything you don't care to (or are unable to) respond to is either a tangent
or a strawman. snicker

teachrmama June 7th 08 02:20 AM

Deadbeat dad, singer & Ruben Studdard look-alike Sean Levert died of natural causes; prob. faked his death to avoid paying all that C.S.

"DVD" wrote in message
teachrmama wrote:

"DVD" wrote in message

Phil wrote:

"DVD" wrote in message
.. .

teachrmama wrote:

"Phil" wrote in message

"DVD" wrote in message
m...

Chris wrote:

[...]

Read the first post and then try to follow the rest as if you had an
honest thought in your head. 2 posts in a row were just blatantly
dishonest, since then you are just swearing to each other's dishonesty.

Why? because you lay out your trail of cracker crumbs, and we don't follow
along properly? We are discussing the ramifications of the biased system
that we, ourselves, have experienced, but you think we should pant along in
your wake. You seem incapable of understanding that the system that *we
have experienced for many, many years* is not the idyllic system that you
see as existing. You consider us dishonest because **we don't agree with
you***--and for no other reason.

BTW, when are you going to post that NY TIMES cite?

teachrmama June 7th 08 02:23 AM

Deadbeat dad, singer & Ruben Studdard look-alike Sean Levert died of natural causes; prob. faked his death to avoid paying all that C.S.

"DVD" wrote in message
teachrmama wrote:

BTW, you never answered *this* question, DVD:

Woman finds out she is pregnant. She does not tell the father, but moves
out of town. A couple of years later she marries another guy, and they
raise the child together. She is their only child, and they do not tell her
that the man she calls Daddy is not her bio dad.

Meanwhile, the bio dad has moved on with his life, and eventually marries.
He and his wife have 4 children.

The daughter is a smart young lady, and does well in school. She begins to
apply to colleges her junior year in high school, but only applies to state
colleges, knowing that her parents cannot afford Ivy League. Her parents
tell her to go ahead and apply to Ivy League schools--the money will be
available. Mom then sues the bio dad for child support back to the birth
of the child.

Should she get it? Should the other 4 children of the bio dad lose out on
dance lessons, Little League, karate, and summer camp because the woman
waited 17 years before telling the guy that he was a father? Just how
should the courts decide the case?