ParentingBanter.com

-   Twins & Triplets (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   names question (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=14466)

Middletree November 10th 03 05:57 PM

names question

We have a new boy, to be born in early March. When discussing names, my wife
and I went through baby names books and websites, just like many people.
It was neat to learn what different names mean, but I couldn't find any information
resource which would give you possible names based on meanings. In other
words, I could find out that Sarah means "princess", but if I knew I wanted
to name my kid a name which means "princess", how would I go about finding
a list of possible names for that meaning?

For the record, I am looking for a boy name which is biblical or derived
from a bible name, and which means something along the lines of "abundant",
"fulfilled", or "overflowing".

Missy in Indiana November 10th 03 06:21 PM

names question

I can't help you, but just couldn't resist replying. I think your choices of
meanings are all wonderful and very appropriate ;) Good luck!

For the record, I am looking for a boy name which is biblical or derived
from a bible name, and which means something along the lines of "abundant",
"fulfilled", or "overflowing".

Missy in Indiana http://hometown.aol.com/mhrust/overviewforng.html
Morgan Olivia & Julia Lucille 4/28/01 (YAY!)

Fer November 10th 03 08:37 PM

names question

"Middletree" wrote in message

We have a new boy, to be born in early March. When discussing names, my

wife
and I went through baby names books and websites, just like many people.
It was neat to learn what different names mean, but I couldn't find any

information
resource which would give you possible names based on meanings. In other
words, I could find out that Sarah means "princess", but if I knew I

wanted
to name my kid a name which means "princess", how would I go about finding
a list of possible names for that meaning?

For the record, I am looking for a boy name which is biblical or derived
from a bible name, and which means something along the lines of

"abundant",
"fulfilled", or "overflowing".

Vibol-Abundant
Jesus-fulfilled
EPHRAIM -fruitful
No luck on overflowing but you can check out this site
http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/bibl.html

HTH

--

Jenn

KimandJuan November 10th 03 08:49 PM

names question

http://www.parentsplace.com/pregnancy/babynames/finder

I got the following....
Jett ( Jethro), a 1-syllable boy's name of Hebrew origin, means: Abundance;
excellence.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

KimandJuan November 10th 03 08:49 PM

names question

http://www.parentsplace.com/pregnancy/babynames/finder

I got the following....
Jett ( Jethro), a 1-syllable boy's name of Hebrew origin, means: Abundance;
excellence.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

November 10th 03 10:05 PM

names question

Wow! This is a great site--thanks.

Of course, I won't be willing to name my son Jethro, because of the Bodine/Clampett
implications. But still a great help, this site.

Nick Theodorakis November 11th 03 02:16 AM

names question

On 10 Nov 2003 19:49:07 GMT, (KimandJuan) wrote:

http://www.parentsplace.com/pregnancy/babynames/finder

Here's another baby-naming site:

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/

Nick

PS ;-)

--
Nick Theodorakis

nicholas_theodorakis [at] urmc [dot] rochester [dot] edu