ParentingBanter.com

-   Pregnancy (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   postpartum discharge (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=44883)

Liz September 13th 06 01:57 AM

postpartum discharge

I gave birth to a boy this past June. I had the lochia flow for about
a month or so and then it tapered off.
I am not bleeding anymore, but I am still experiencing some
clear/yellowish discharge (very little) but it still causes me to wear
a thin pantyliner every day and change it about 4 times a day.
This is my first time being a mom so I don't know if it's normal from
now on to have to always wear a liner (I hope not!).
Any help is greatly appreciated!

lucy-lu September 13th 06 02:26 AM

postpartum discharge

"Liz" wrote in message
oups.com...
I gave birth to a boy this past June. I had the lochia flow for about
a month or so and then it tapered off.
I am not bleeding anymore, but I am still experiencing some
clear/yellowish discharge (very little) but it still causes me to wear
a thin pantyliner every day and change it about 4 times a day.
This is my first time being a mom so I don't know if it's normal from
now on to have to always wear a liner (I hope not!).
Any help is greatly appreciated!

I can't be much help, other than to say I had my daughter in June, and after
2 weeks of lochia, I have had no discharge that I can recall, certainly not
like you mention, just one period. I don't know which is normal, as this is
my first too, but it might be worth mentioning to your Health visitor...

Lucy

Jamie Clark September 13th 06 04:27 AM

postpartum discharge

lucy-lu wrote:
"Liz" wrote in message
oups.com...
I gave birth to a boy this past June. I had the lochia flow for
about a month or so and then it tapered off.
I am not bleeding anymore, but I am still experiencing some
clear/yellowish discharge (very little) but it still causes me to
wear a thin pantyliner every day and change it about 4 times a day.
This is my first time being a mom so I don't know if it's normal from
now on to have to always wear a liner (I hope not!).
Any help is greatly appreciated!

I had some clear yellowish dishcharge for a few months, including a snotty
looking golf ball sized booger thing. blech. It eventually went away.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up
your own User ID and Password

Anne Rogers September 13th 06 10:38 AM

postpartum discharge

I gave birth to a boy this past June. I had the lochia flow for about
a month or so and then it tapered off.
I am not bleeding anymore, but I am still experiencing some
clear/yellowish discharge (very little) but it still causes me to wear
a thin pantyliner every day and change it about 4 times a day.
This is my first time being a mom so I don't know if it's normal from
now on to have to always wear a liner (I hope not!).
Any help is greatly appreciated!

it sounds to me like normal vaginal/cervical mucous, are you breastfeeding,
some people find it is decreased when they are breastfeeding, thus making
sex more difficult/painful, I found I had a larger quantity of mucous whilst
breastfeeding.

Anne