ParentingBanter.com

-   General (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   laundry question - vaseline? (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=39592)

-L. March 23rd 06 10:39 PM

laundry question - vaseline?

Anyone have a good way of getting vaseline out of clothing? I have the
stuff in the washer right now, but I am afraid it's a lost cause.
TIA,
-L.

[email protected] March 23rd 06 10:45 PM

laundry question - vaseline?

I might be able to help you. My name is Lisa, give me a call toll free
at 866-523-3945.

enigma March 24th 06 12:00 AM

laundry question - vaseline?

"-L." wrote in
ups.com:

Anyone have a good way of getting vaseline out of clothing?
I have the stuff in the washer right now, but I am afraid
it's a lost cause. TIA,

oxyclean spray (or a paste of oxyclean & hot water), then
soak in as hot water as the item can take with degreaser (i
use some orange base degreaser i got at home depot). just
don't put it in the dryer, because it might take a few soaks
to get it out. if it gets dryed in a dryer, it sets & that's
it.
lee was someone playing in the Vaseline?

--
war is peace
freedom is slavery

dejablues March 24th 06 12:14 AM

laundry question - vaseline?

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...
Anyone have a good way of getting vaseline out of clothing? I have the
stuff in the washer right now, but I am afraid it's a lost cause.
TIA,
-L.

Simple Green or Lestoil might work. Good luck.

R. Steve Walz March 24th 06 03:15 AM

laundry question - vaseline?

-L. wrote:

Anyone have a good way of getting vaseline out of clothing? I have the
stuff in the washer right now, but I am afraid it's a lost cause.
TIA,
-L.

--------------
Any pure detergent like Era or such, if applied and rubbed in
thoroughly before washing should do it. Vaseline is just clean
axle grease, from petroleum, and they use these detergents to
clean oil-spill soaked bird feathers. Use hot wash - warm rinse.
Steve

dejablues March 24th 06 04:50 PM

laundry question - vaseline?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I might be able to help you. My name is Lisa, give me a call toll free
at

What a sneaky way to get someone to buy your crappy MLM products.

-L. March 26th 06 07:29 AM

laundry question - vaseline?

dejablues wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I might be able to help you. My name is Lisa, give me a call toll free
at

What a sneaky way to get someone to buy your crappy MLM products.

Don't worry - I am not stupid enough to have called the number. ;)

-L.

user March 26th 06 09:28 PM

laundry question - vaseline?

On 25 Mar 2006 22:29:34 -0800, -L. wrote:

dejablues wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I might be able to help you. My name is Lisa, give me a call toll free
at

What a sneaky way to get someone to buy your crappy MLM products.

Don't worry - I am not stupid enough to have called the number. ;)

Actually, there's a certain guilty pleasure in calling them, because
then they get charged for the call.

Not that I would, you know, ever do that.

- Rich