ParentingBanter.com

-   General (http://www.parentingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Full Helmet Noise Damping (http://www.parentingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=1607)

wrestleantares January 21st 04 06:28 PM

Full Helmet Noise Damping

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 00:08:31 GMT, muse wrote:

I had been wearing a 3/4 face helmet this year after
getting my first bike. As the weather chilled, I bought
me a Nolan N100 full helmet to take the chill off. The
first thing I noticed was a significant drop in sound
that I could hear. I can no longer hear the engine
reving sound and it feels awkward driving. I kind
of feel in limbo not being able to "hear" and feel
the bike respond. For some reason, I could hear
everything fine with the 3/4 helmet. Any one else
feel awkward with a full helmet on? Everything,
from switching gears to downshifting just
does not feel comfortable. Is it just the model
helmet I bought, or is it a common factor with
full helmets?