--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004

Leanne January 25th 04 02:40 AM

The Baby Inside

I have been saying to my husband lately, that although I am excited to
meet the new'un, I will miss our intimate relationship inside ( where I
am still master ;) and as for getting back an uninteresting belly that
just lies there - bah to that !

I love & wait for every little movement/kick. It feels so right, I
don't want to go back to having a 'boring belly'. It's far more
interesting to have a special belly that can do tricks ;)

How do other girls feel about the loss of the magic belly ?

I'm actually getting sick of the kicking! lol he just doesnt stop, and the
kicks are either in my ribs or right down in the pelvis (feels so yuck)

I prefer the little rolls you can feel.. so cute!!

I want to meet him already! lol
I looked at the baby watch thing on my computer the other day and theres
only 12 weeks left! (eek) and only 9 weeks till i'm considered 'full term'

Ah well... its amazing how you can be so in love with someone that you
haven't really met yet.

Leanne
EDD: April 23rd 2004

Carol Ann January 25th 04 04:12 AM

The Baby Inside

:: I have been saying to my husband lately, that although I am excited to
:: meet the new'un, I will miss our intimate relationship inside ( where I
:: am still master ;) and as for getting back an uninteresting belly that
:: just lies there - bah to that !
::
:: I love & wait for every little movement/kick. It feels so right, I
:: don't want to go back to having a 'boring belly'. It's far more
:: interesting to have a special belly that can do tricks ;)
::
:: How do other girls feel about the loss of the magic belly ?

I'm thrilled about feeling the girl move when she does. Sometimes I will
sit and stare at my tummy and feel so excited when I see and feel it move.

This joy, however, is usually during the day. At nite, I've begun to feel
terribly uncomfortable. I find it difficult to breath and to just lie
comfortably.

So, I feel torn between wanting it to never end and hoping it doesn't get
any worse.

I still have 8 or so weeks to go. I have a feeling the discomfort is only
just beginning.

~Carol Ann

Naomi Rivkis January 25th 04 04:20 AM

The Baby Inside

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:54:53 +1100, wrote:

I have been saying to my husband lately, that although I am excited to
meet the new'un, I will miss our intimate relationship inside ( where I
am still master ;) and as for getting back an uninteresting belly that
just lies there - bah to that !

I love & wait for every little movement/kick. It feels so right, I
don't want to go back to having a 'boring belly'. It's far more
interesting to have a special belly that can do tricks ;)

How do other girls feel about the loss of the magic belly ?

For a while I felt that way. Now, at 35 weeks, I am way more than
ready to get my body back for myself. My back hurts all the time, I
can't get up from sitting or lying down without help, I can't reach my
feet to put my shoes on without great difficulty, and the belly
prevents me from lying or sitting comfortably in most positions. I'd
rather have a nice relationship with my baby that involves being able
to lie down comfortably, thanks!

Naomi
#1 EDD 2/28/04

January 25th 04 04:58 AM

The Baby Inside

says...

I'm actually getting sick of the kicking! lol he just doesnt stop, and the
kicks are either in my ribs or right down in the pelvis (feels so yuck)

I prefer the little rolls you can feel.. so cute!!

I want to meet him already! lol

I thought you were having a little girl, my mistake obviously ;)

My baby is head down and ready, so yes, the feet ( or something ) keeps
getting stuck in my ribs. Reminds me to sit up straight and not slouch
:)

I looked at the baby watch thing on my computer the other day and theres
only 12 weeks left! (eek) and only 9 weeks till i'm considered 'full term'

I put in my maternity leave last week - that was weird.

Ah well... its amazing how you can be so in love with someone that you
haven't really met yet.

I hope my bebe is as good on the outside ;)

--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004

January 25th 04 05:00 AM

The Baby Inside

says...

I still have 8 or so weeks to go. I have a feeling the discomfort is only
just beginning.

I said that the other night when I came home from work with my first
case of ENORMOUS pillow-feet. Horrid.

--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004

Kat January 25th 04 04:54 PM

The Baby Inside

wrote in message

I have been saying to my husband lately, that although I am excited to
meet the new'un, I will miss our intimate relationship inside ( where I
am still master ;) and as for getting back an uninteresting belly that
just lies there - bah to that !

I love & wait for every little movement/kick. It feels so right, I
don't want to go back to having a 'boring belly'. It's far more
interesting to have a special belly that can do tricks ;)

How do other girls feel about the loss of the magic belly ?

--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004

I love all the moves that the "little man" does. I have actually caught him
practice breathing a couple of times. That was something I never saw with
DD. He also likes to tickly my ribs and hips with his little hands, it's a
really different sensation:-) I am honestly going to miss the whole belly
thing...it could be my last time (although I am hoping to talk DH into #3 in
3-5 years:-)).
kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04 (6 days til EDD!!!)

Carol Ann January 25th 04 05:26 PM

The Baby Inside

::: I still have 8 or so weeks to go. I have a feeling the discomfort is
only
::: just beginning.
::
:: I said that the other night when I came home from work with my first
:: case of ENORMOUS pillow-feet. Horrid.
::
:: --
:: Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
:: EDD: 10-Apr-2004

My legs look like Little Lotta. Does anyone remember her? The comic book
character? ARGH!

I must really be suffering from pregnancy brain. After telling Kevin about
how during the day I feel fine, but at nite I'm miserable, he suggested I
keep my head and shoulders higher when I lie down. Gravity will pull the
baby down allowing me to breath easier.

DUH! It worked! LOL!

~Carol Ann
www.bestinatlanta.com/mybaby.html

melbgal1 January 26th 04 01:15 AM

The Baby Inside

says...

My legs look like Little Lotta. Does anyone remember her? The comic book
character? ARGH!

sure do ;)

I must really be suffering from pregnancy brain. After telling Kevin about
how during the day I feel fine, but at nite I'm miserable, he suggested I
keep my head and shoulders higher when I lie down. Gravity will pull the
baby down allowing me to breath easier.

Well, I just went out to turn off the auto-watering system after I gave
my garden a nice little soak. It was off already ( I swear I did not do
it, yet i'm the only one here ). This is my first incidence, and i'm
desperately trying to remember going out and turning off the tap. Very
freaky.

--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004

Sophie January 26th 04 01:15 PM

The Baby Inside

wrote in message

I have been saying to my husband lately, that although I am excited to
meet the new'un, I will miss our intimate relationship inside ( where I
am still master ;) and as for getting back an uninteresting belly that
just lies there - bah to that !

I love & wait for every little movement/kick. It feels so right, I
don't want to go back to having a 'boring belly'. It's far more
interesting to have a special belly that can do tricks ;)

How do other girls feel about the loss of the magic belly ?
--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004

I did miss the movement each time, and actually still thought I felt
sometimes after having had the baby. But not the hiccups. And they're much
easier to take care of and go out with when they're still inside ;)

Sophie
#4 due 7/18/04

Mary S. January 28th 04 03:17 AM

The Baby Inside

wrote:

I love & wait for every little movement/kick. It feels so right, I
don't want to go back to having a 'boring belly'. It's far more
interesting to have a special belly that can do tricks ;)

How do other girls feel about the loss of the magic belly ?

I remember feeling *empty* inside, during the first few days after
giving birth. Like I was hollow. It was a very weird feeling.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 22 months
and a new wee babysprout, due October 1

Jamie Clark January 28th 04 07:21 AM

The Baby Inside

"Mary S." wrote in message

I love & wait for every little movement/kick. It feels so right, I
don't want to go back to having a 'boring belly'. It's far more
interesting to have a special belly that can do tricks ;)

How do other girls feel about the loss of the magic belly ?

I remember feeling *empty* inside, during the first few days after
giving birth. Like I was hollow. It was a very weird feeling.

Mary S.
mom to the Sproutkin, 22 months
and a new wee babysprout, due October 1

I haven't wanted to be a total downer on this thread, but have been reading
it and remembering my pregnancy wtih Nathan. I only got to 24 weeks, and in
that last 4 weeks he began to kick like a madman. It was magical, and so
sad, because it was supposed to be such a happy time. Then, after I'd given
birth to him, I too, felt empty and hollow. I still had some fantom kicks
and tickles, and was constantly touching my belly, in hopes that it was all
a mistake, and he was still in there. And I didn't have a beautiful little
baby to distract and engage me.

It's coming up on 6 years since we lost Nathan, and I'll always miss the
magic belly. It was such a blessing that I had it at all, and part of me is
still bummed that I'll likely not have it again.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys --
www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clark_guest,
Password: Guest1
Password

Handmade Baby Blankets -- www.geocities.com/digit_the_cat/Blankets.html

Mary S. January 28th 04 12:52 PM

The Baby Inside

Jamie Clark wrote:

It's coming up on 6 years since we lost Nathan, and I'll always miss the
magic belly. It was such a blessing that I had it at all, and part of me is
still bummed that I'll likely not have it again.

I can't even imagine going through something like that. (((((Jamie)))))

H Schinske January 29th 04 08:26 AM

The Baby Inside

Mary S. wrote:

I remember feeling *empty* inside, during the first few days after
giving birth. Like I was hollow. It was a very weird feeling.

Oh, I liked that feeling. I thought it was wonderful to be so at peace after
all the tumult of labor.

--Helen

melbgal1 January 29th 04 12:51 PM

The Baby Inside

says...
wrote ...

snip

I love & wait for every little movement/kick. It feels so right, I
don't want to go back to having a 'boring belly'. It's far more
interesting to have a special belly that can do tricks ;)

How do other girls feel about the loss of the magic belly ?

I did miss the movement each time, and actually still thought I felt
sometimes after having had the baby. But not the hiccups. And they're much
easier to take care of and go out with when they're still inside ;)

I haven't experienced hiccoughs from the baby within ( to my knowledge )

--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004

melbgal1 January 29th 04 12:51 PM

The Baby Inside

In article ,
says...
wrote:

I love & wait for every little movement/kick. It feels so right, I
don't want to go back to having a 'boring belly'. It's far more
interesting to have a special belly that can do tricks ;)

How do other girls feel about the loss of the magic belly ?

I remember feeling *empty* inside, during the first few days after
giving birth. Like I was hollow. It was a very weird feeling.

Yes, i'm thinking that's what I would feel like too. I guess i'll find
out soon enough ;)

--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004

melbgal1 January 30th 04 08:31 AM

The Baby Inside

says...

I haven't wanted to be a total downer on this thread, but have been reading
it and remembering my pregnancy wtih Nathan. I only got to 24 weeks, and in
that last 4 weeks he began to kick like a madman. It was magical, and so
sad, because it was supposed to be such a happy time. Then, after I'd given
birth to him, I too, felt empty and hollow. I still had some fantom kicks
and tickles, and was constantly touching my belly, in hopes that it was all
a mistake, and he was still in there. And I didn't have a beautiful little
baby to distract and engage me.

It's coming up on 6 years since we lost Nathan, and I'll always miss the
magic belly. It was such a blessing that I had it at all, and part of me is
still bummed that I'll likely not have it again.

That's a very sad story, Jamie :(
Was Nathan a stillborn ?

I hope you are blessed again with the magic belly.
Take care.

--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004

Jamie Clark January 30th 04 09:19 PM

The Baby Inside

"melbgal1" wrote in message
says...

I haven't wanted to be a total downer on this thread, but have been

reading
it and remembering my pregnancy with Nathan. I only got to 24 weeks,

and in
that last 4 weeks he began to kick like a madman. It was magical, and

so
sad, because it was supposed to be such a happy time. Then, after I'd

given
birth to him, I too, felt empty and hollow. I still had some phantom

kicks
and tickles, and was constantly touching my belly, in hopes that it was

all
a mistake, and he was still in there. And I didn't have a beautiful

little
baby to distract and engage me.

It's coming up on 6 years since we lost Nathan, and I'll always miss the
magic belly. It was such a blessing that I had it at all, and part of

me is
still bummed that I'll likely not have it again.

That's a very sad story, Jamie :(
Was Nathan a stillborn ?

I hope you are blessed again with the magic belly.
Take care.

Sort of. We found out at our 18 week u/s that Nathan was developing with a
giant omphalocele -- the majority of his internal organs were in a pouch
outside his abdomen. We had an amnio to see if his chromosomes were normal,
and went for a detailed echocardiogram, to see how his heart was doing. His
heart wasn't as strong as they would have liked, but his chromosomes were
normal. We continued with testing, u/s, and talking to various pediatric
surgeons, and finally made the tough choice to end the pregnancy. The more
we looked into his condition, the more small problems we found (fluid on the
heart and lungs, twisted spine, etc), until it just became clear (for us)
that he wouldn't likely survive to term. I went through labor and delivery
a week or so later, at about 23w4d, and Nathan was born still.

Since losing Nathan, I've had 5-6 chemical pregnancies, and 2 blighted
ovums, plus a donor egg IVF (one of the blighted ovums) and a failed IVF.
Apparently I've got an immunity issue that prevents me from staying
pregnant. I'm sort of done with the whole ttc thing, and have moved on to
adoption as the way to build my family. So unless I have an oops that goes
well past the heartbeat phase, the chances of me having another magic belly
moment are slim to none!

Thanks for your compassion and asking about it.

melbgal1 January 31st 04 12:09 AM

The Baby Inside

[...]

that's ok, I was worried I might upset you to talk about it, so i'm glad
you did.

After reading that, i'm sure you have the support, care and love from
this whole forum - a terrible thing to have happened. Adoption is such
a giving and all-encompassing love - I wish you luck with it, and hope
to hear of your success.

Lea

--
Baby, I can't wait to meet you !
EDD: 10-Apr-2004

Kat January 31st 04 12:13 AM

The Baby Inside

"melbgal1" wrote in message
[...]

I too am very sad for your loss and that you went through such a horrible
experience. Hope your adoption experience is one filled with joy and
success!!
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Jamie Clark January 31st 04 12:43 AM

The Baby Inside

I did get lots of support from lots of places -- this forum as well. I
started posting here about a year before I got pregnant, so knew lots of
people here by the time we got the Nathan's diagnoses. I don't mind talking
about it.

The grief and pain are very dim by now, but it's something that is always
there, and colors the way that I see everything. Someone posted something,
in another ng I believe, about having their kid go off to first grade, and
not wanting to give them a hug or kiss goodbye. The subject of the post was
"Every mother's worst nightmare!" I just had to laugh, because it was by
far, the farthest thing from every mother's worst nightmare that I can think
of. In fact, knowing as many women dealing with primary infertility as I
do, I can tell you that situation is every want-to-be-mother's dream. If
that was in this ng, I hope I haven't offended anyone. It just struck me as
a "funny" situation. I'm sure to them, it was a nightmare and a terrible
thing -- to have their baby not want a kiss from mommy, but to me, having
experienced what I can easily label every mother's worst nightmare, it just
wasn't.

Anyway, thanks for the cyberhugs and support. Even 6 years down the road,
it's nice to feel that compassion from people. And yes, adoption is an
amazing thing, and I count my blessings every day. I'm so incredibly lucky
to have Taylor in my life.

Jamie Clark January 31st 04 12:44 AM

The Baby Inside

"Kat" wrote in message
I too am very sad for your loss and that you went through such a horrible
experience. Hope your adoption experience is one filled with joy and
success!!
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Thanks. My first adoption experience has been wonderful. I can only hope
I'm as lucky with baby #2.

Leanne February 1st 04 07:03 AM

The Baby Inside

Jamie,
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, it must have been horrible, I hope that
your adopting experience will fill your heart :)

btw, I looked at some of your photos, Taylor looks gorgeous!!

Leanne
EDD: April 23rd 2004

Jamie Clark February 2nd 04 02:05 AM

The Baby Inside

It has, so far. If baby #2, and the adoption experience, is anything like
the first go round, I think my heart will explode. : )
--

"Leanne" wrote in message
[...]

Become a member for free - go to Add Member to set up your own User ID

and