Showing results 1 to 25 of 52
Search took 0.86 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeanne
Forum: General February 23rd 07, 12:51 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 79
Posted By Jeanne
Is this book appropriate for 4th graders?

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Jeanne wrote:

Contemporary children books tend to be pretty harsh.

??! As compared to what? Compared to the past,
most are pretty tame! We may have had a...
Forum: General February 22nd 07, 09:51 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 79
Posted By Jeanne
Is this book appropriate for 4th graders?

Tori M wrote:
"Jeanne" wrote in message
Tori M wrote:
If this book had come into my house I wouldnt have...
Forum: General February 21st 07, 10:09 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 79
Posted By Jeanne
Is this book appropriate for 4th graders?

Tori M wrote:
If this book had come into my house I wouldnt have let my kids read it. I
am homeschooling them though so I guess the teacher wouldnt assign it :P

Tori

Are you not...
Forum: General February 21st 07, 07:03 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 79
Posted By Jeanne
Is this book appropriate for 4th graders?

writer-by-day wrote:
My 9 year old son was recently assigned the book "Among the Hidden" by
Margaret Peterson Haddix. It is set in the future when population
control is a big enough problem...
Forum: General February 15th 07, 11:14 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 38
Posted By Jeanne
Not peeing at MDO

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Banty wrote:
In article
And with a two year old jumping up and down holding her
nether regions that might be a difficult thing to work around - she
has to go
Forum: General February 15th 07, 05:50 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeanne
Toddler pronunciation of letter "s"

Lady Mum wrote:
Hello. Our son is 30 months old and he has trouble pronouncing the letter
"s" and all two letter combinations including the letter such as "sh" and
"st". He is making normal...
Forum: General February 13th 07, 10:55 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By Jeanne
Does parenthood stress = overweight?

Clisby wrote:

Marty Billingsley wrote:

In article ,
BGPrspr wrote:

While growing up, I don't recall...
Forum: General February 10th 07, 04:40 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 50
Posted By Jeanne
Help! - 6 year old daughter Misbehaving in School

Aula wrote:
"Jeanne" wrote in message
I know Fairfax county in VA used to send out a little survey to every...
Forum: General February 10th 07, 12:29 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 44
Posted By Jeanne
Toddler Bath issue

Tori M wrote:
Xavier is totaly afraid to have his hair washed. I try not to wash it often
but there are times when it HAS to be done. Bonnie went through it a little
but she got better...
Forum: General February 10th 07, 12:26 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 50
Posted By Jeanne
Help! - 6 year old daughter Misbehaving in School

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
enigma wrote:
"deja.blues" wrote in
It is possible. The public school is obligated to enroll a
child,...
Forum: General February 10th 07, 12:24 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 50
Posted By Jeanne
Help! - 6 year old daughter Misbehaving in School

Clisby wrote:

deja.blues wrote:
"enigma" wrote in message

"deja.blues" wrote in
Forum: General February 9th 07, 05:08 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 50
Posted By Jeanne
Help! - 6 year old daughter Misbehaving in School

Jeff wrote:
"Banty" wrote in message
In article WA_yh.37540$5U4.27826@trnddc07, Jeff says...

::snip long list of...
Forum: General January 27th 07, 10:49 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 30
Posted By Jeanne
Hikers, Backpackers, campers - what baby carrier?

cjra wrote:
Friends gave us a gift cert. to REI to buy a backpack carrier - the
kind with the frame, and we were all set to get it then had second
thoughts....
Forum: General January 26th 07, 01:11 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeanne
marks on my daughters legs

wrote:
my 12 month old daughter went in and had her vaccines a week ago and i
noticed some bruising at the site the next night while giving her a
bath. my the next...
Forum: General January 25th 07, 09:45 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 69
Posted By Jeanne
toddler reading

wrote:

On Jan 23, 5:16 pm, "Anne Rogers" wrote:
And so on ... she struggled with phonics through much of grade school,
but ALWAYS read several...
Forum: General January 25th 07, 01:23 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeanne
Ideas for a playtime (5 year old)

Dominika wrote:
Hi every1.

I have a 5 year old boy. I would love to spend some more time with him
one on one. After i pick him up from school i just tend to put a tv on
for him and. But i...
Forum: General January 25th 07, 01:15 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 69
Posted By Jeanne
toddler reading

Rosalie B. wrote:
It's also a little bit like me in that I'm sure I was reading well
before the school decided to teach me. I'm relatively sure that we
did not do phonics. I remember my first...
Forum: General January 25th 07, 01:10 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 69
Posted By Jeanne
toddler reading

Tori M wrote:
hmmm I was asked by a math teacher if I was dislexic in high school but
dismissed it because I read everything. I can not spell for anything. My
biggest issue is 6's and 9's....
Forum: General January 24th 07, 07:20 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 69
Posted By Jeanne
toddler reading

Sushi Fish wrote:

On Jan 22, 1:54 pm, " wrote:
My DD (will be 4 in 2 months) loves books. Her memory is quite good. If
I read her a book twice,...
Forum: General January 24th 07, 02:27 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 69
Posted By Jeanne
toddler reading

Anne Rogers wrote:
And so on ... she struggled with phonics through much of grade school,
but ALWAYS read several years above grade level. (She's now in 9th
grade, grasps phonics, and reads...
Forum: General January 23rd 07, 08:58 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 69
Posted By Jeanne
toddler reading

Cathy Weeks wrote:
She also has one of those Leapfrog toys - it's a set of refridgerator
magnets - one for each letter of the alphabet, and a base unit (also
magnetic) with a speaker on it. You...
Forum: General January 22nd 07, 11:14 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 69
Posted By Jeanne
toddler reading

wrote:
My DD (will be 4 in 2 months) loves books. Her memory is quite good. If
I read her a book twice, the third time she remembers the context,
words based on the picture...
Forum: General January 21st 07, 06:11 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 44
Posted By Jeanne
"Why Johnny Won't Read" - your opinions?

Chookie wrote:
In article ,

I can understand what you're saying here.
#1 has a...
Forum: General January 18th 07, 06:06 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeanne
Gift ideas needed asap please!!

wrote:
Jeanne wrote:
wrote:
We're expecting guests tomorrow. They have an 8 year old daughter and 5
year old son. They are a bit of studious...
Forum: General January 18th 07, 03:52 PM Posted to misc.kids

wrote:
We're expecting guests tomorrow. They have an 8 year old daughter and 5
year old son. They are a bit of studious type and they like books. I
don't know what to get...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 52