Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 2.64 seconds.
Forum: General September 24th 07, 03:14 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Any experiences with potty training after 3 years? (Plus general long ramble)

On Sep 23, 6:50 pm, Sarah Vaughan wrote:

Anyway. So that's my general vent for the evening. The point of all
this is that I'd like to hear other people's...
Forum: General September 8th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
Male daycare workers

On Sep 7, 10:11 am, Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward
wrote:
We may potentially be getting a spot at a neighbourhood day care
centre for our 19-month old daughter, but my Mum...
Forum: Pregnancy July 29th 07, 04:08 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
any data on use of car seat as a relaxer?

On Jul 29, 10:20 am, "
wrote:
is there any clinical studies which indicate that this is harful to
baby?my wife & i are in disagreement on this.our car...
Forum: Pregnancy March 16th 07, 08:24 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
an expected SD

On Mar 14, 6:40 pm, "Anne Rogers" wrote:
Personally, I think it's kind of awful to be that rude and insulting
about doctors while also depending on them to help...
Forum: Pregnancy March 14th 07, 08:32 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
an expected SD

On Mar 14, 2:49 pm, "Anne Rogers" wrote:
http://www.homebirth.org.uk/peta.htm

I'd never come across a story before where someone was fully expecting a
case of SD, I'm...
Forum: General February 7th 07, 02:17 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
six year old's ceaseless silly movement

On Feb 6, 8:21 pm, blah wrote:
Thanks Beth,

I should add, this behavior IS voluntary - he has control over it, is
aware of it, etc - these aren't 'tics' or anything - it's...
Forum: General February 7th 07, 01:23 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 38
Posted By [email protected]
six year old's ceaseless silly movement

On Feb 6, 7:45 pm, wrote:

Would like to hear any opinions. My wife refused to bring him in for an
assessment for an ASD because she does not have the same concerns, but I
know...
Forum: Pregnancy January 29th 07, 01:48 AM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
First "Real" Post to MKP

On Jan 28, 8:05 pm, "JodiSue" wrote:
Hi All,

I'm a long time lurker and after TTC for almost 2 years, I can finally say
that I got a BFP last week! It has since...
Forum: General December 19th 06, 09:57 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By [email protected]
How much to pay Babysitter for three kids

bizby40 wrote:
wrote in message
If that's ridiculous, why does my job offer free sodas, flexible
hours,
Forum: General December 19th 06, 04:51 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By [email protected]
How much to pay Babysitter for three kids

bizby40 wrote:

Sheesh! I'd like to see how these kids transition to life after
school. "Okay, I'll take this job, but I can't come in until 10 on
MWF because I have a spin class I take, and...
Forum: General December 19th 06, 04:16 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By [email protected]
How much to pay Babysitter for three kids

Nan wrote:
On 19 Dec 2006 07:22:34 -0800, wrote:

I'm sure it is. And yes, I know in places like Boston and San
Francisco, the cost of living is higher so wages are...
Forum: General December 19th 06, 02:56 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By [email protected]
How much to pay Babysitter for three kids

bizby40 wrote:

No, you're not getting it. This is a rant. I can't force parents all
across the country to pay what I want, nor can I set the baby-sitting
fees in my area. Obviously I can't...
Forum: General December 19th 06, 02:45 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By [email protected]
How much to pay Babysitter for three kids

wrote:
enigma wrote:

i don't know how old you are. i'm 52. when i was babysitting
in the late 60s i got 75 cents-$1.00 per hour, depending on
number & ages of...
Forum: General December 17th 06, 04:24 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 209
Posted By [email protected]
How much to pay Babysitter for three kids

wrote:
bizby40 wrote:

That's a completely different issue. The teens that we're talking
about don't have to live on their wages. If they were to sit for
$5/hour...
Forum: General December 17th 06, 03:06 PM Posted to misc.kids

bizby40 wrote:

That's a completely different issue. The teens that we're talking
about don't have to live on their wages. If they were to sit for
$5/hour and make $20 one night, they'd have...
Forum: Pregnancy December 12th 06, 03:07 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
VBAC advice

wrote:
I'm living proof that you really do need to understand why you had a
section the first time. By that I mean...the real reason, not
necessarily the junk they told you...
Forum: General November 20th 06, 02:28 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
kids watching other kids

Banty wrote:

The thing that strikes me odd about this is - don't Dads go on business trips
before they're old enough to get up without a parent getting up, too?

Seems to me this is something...
Forum: General November 20th 06, 02:14 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
kids watching other kids

user wrote:

It really doesn't matter what the state says. If the child is
responsible enough and has access to outside help, to be left alone for
20 minutes when they're six - then let...
Forum: General November 19th 06, 10:33 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
kids watching other kids

Stephanie wrote:
At what age would you leave kids alone in the house for a trip to the store?
More to the point, what is the youngest age that this would be conceivable?

I have a follow-up. My...
Forum: General November 19th 06, 10:31 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
kids watching other kids

bizby40 wrote:

The problem is that there is no real consensus, and in many places no
real laws that give people a guideline. There are also very wide
discrepancies in kids' maturity levels,...
Forum: General November 14th 06, 07:49 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
You're Not My Dad!

Donna Metler wrote:
I've heard tantrumming kids yell out lots of stuff-my brother would cry
"CHILD ABUSE!" at times when my mother wanted him to do something he didn't
want to do until he...
Forum: General November 14th 06, 05:04 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
You're Not My Dad!

toypup wrote:

So, what do you all think?

In terms of strategy alone (not in terms of what it would be easy to
teach to a child necessarily) the best bet would be to teach the child
to appeal to...
Forum: Pregnancy October 20th 06, 01:08 PM Posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Getting husband on board

wrote:

He has been taking medication that stops him from losing hair, but it
also lowers his sperm count. He went off it for a while because we
were going to start...
Forum: General October 16th 06, 05:17 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 94
Posted By [email protected]
toddler questions

wrote:
Yesterday My 3.5 yo showed me someone on the walkway smoking and asked
why "that man's mouth is on fire". I didn't know how to answer. Luckily
she spotted something...
Forum: General September 13th 06, 05:51 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
Rude or am I expecting too much?

Banty wrote:

But I think all that's needed is a little discussion with the child afterwards
about gift acceptance.

That takes time, effort, and some growing up, and I don't think it's...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33