Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: L.
Forum: General September 12th 06, 09:03 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By L.
school snack question

StephanieTheGoofy wrote:

LOL. Tell us how you really feel! But in all seriousness, do you really feel
that that is an actual response that you would make? I certainly understand
your point,...
Forum: General September 11th 06, 08:48 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 105
Posted By L.
Why homework packets only on Mondays

Vanessa wrote:
Caledonia wrote:

Sigh. Even as an avowed atheist, I'm familiar with 'Judge not, that ye
be not judged.'

Double sigh...I was just throwing a punch back at the enigma...
Forum: General September 10th 06, 06:45 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By L.
school snack question

carol/KR wrote:
This whole thread on healthy snacks for kids really makes me feel good
about what I've started at my school. I have a "Happy Feet, Healthy
Food Kids' Club". We meet after...
Forum: General September 10th 06, 06:41 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By L.
school snack question

user wrote:

If that's what NYS considers to be "healthy", I'd hate to see
what they consider to be "unhealthy." Raw lard, perhaps.

- Rich

Oh Good Grief! Doritos and cheese...
Forum: General September 10th 06, 06:37 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By L.
school snack question

Tracey wrote:
"L." wrote in message
I'd tell the teacher to mind her own ****ing business and if she...
Forum: General September 9th 06, 06:38 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By L.
school snack question

Tracey wrote:
They did this program last year, but there was never any issue. I'm sure
there is a list, but I haven't seen it, and I think that there is some
interpretation by the teachers...
Forum: General September 9th 06, 06:35 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 113
Posted By L.
school snack question

Tracey wrote:
Okay, my DD school is trying to enforce 'healthy snacks'. Nevermind my
feelings about the school trying to enforce what I should be feeding my
child, but I have a question about...
Forum: General September 1st 06, 10:19 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 34
Posted By L.
Update - Was Kinda OT question... Being a donor?

wrote:

Don't know if anyone's interested but coincidentally I heard on the
news this morning that it's now illegal for family members to overrule
a relative's decision...
Forum: General September 1st 06, 10:15 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 18
OTT
Posted By L.
OTT

toypup wrote:

LOL. The typo works. Wild hogs are certainly would be a site.

Wild hogs can be nasty! I was chased by a wild sow that had piglets
one time while hiking. She chased me (and a...
Forum: General September 1st 06, 10:10 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 27
Posted By L.
Hey Banty - Here's a picture for you

nimue wrote:
L. wrote:
Steve Kulpa wrote:
No chance of that, she's adopted.

Good for you! My son is adopted as well. He still looks exactly
like my husband, though...
Forum: General August 31st 06, 05:27 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 27
Posted By L.
Hey Banty - Here's a picture for you

Steve Kulpa wrote:
Now my other two girls, both well into their teens, thank God got their
mother's nose!

steve

You realize I was kidding...right? In our family we have a nickname for
the...
Forum: General August 31st 06, 05:24 PM Posted to misc.kids

Steve Kulpa wrote:
No chance of that, she's adopted.

Good for you! My son is adopted as well. He still looks exactly like
my husband, though...
-L.
Forum: General August 31st 06, 07:15 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 27
Posted By L.
Hey Banty - Here's a picture for you

Steve Kulpa wrote:
Just thought you'd want to see what a Putz looks like:

http://www.geocities.com/stevekulpa/temp/SteveGreer.jpg

Thank God the kid didn't get yer schnozz...

-L.
Forum: General August 30th 06, 08:47 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 624
Posted By L.
128 students suspended at Ind. school

enigma wrote:
i'm glad i don't have girls... but then, it was never an
issue for *me* to keep up with fads when i was in school
either. we were under quite a large financial constraint from
Forum: General August 30th 06, 08:41 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 624
Posted By L.
128 students suspended at Ind. school

Jen wrote:
I would hate for my daughter to go to a school without a uniform, individual
expression and creativity in the choice of clothes, should be at home, not
school.

Why? So your kid...
Forum: General August 29th 06, 02:23 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 34
Posted By L.
Kinda OT question... Being a donor?

xkatx wrote:
I was just reading an article in the local newspaper here about a son who
donated something like 60-70% of his liver to his father who needed a liver
transplant due to Hep C...
Forum: General August 29th 06, 02:21 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 34
Posted By L.
Kinda OT question... Being a donor?

LaTreen Washington wrote:
You're a heartless bitch.

She's only a heartless bitch if she reproduced *after* she knew she had
the genetic disease.

-L.
Forum: General August 29th 06, 02:14 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 624
Posted By L.
128 students suspended at Ind. school

nimue wrote:

Clearly they are NOT -- they are for teaching kids the appropriate way to
dress -- as teenagers!! In high school!! How does wearing baggy pants
affect a child's education? Why...
Forum: General August 26th 06, 06:03 PM Posted to misc.kids,alt.mothers
Replies: 53
Posted By L.
How Dangerous is Childhood

Chookie wrote:

There is a difference between respect and obedience, and it sounds like you
might be conflating them.

You aren't going to get any obedience if there is no respect.

There is...
Forum: General August 26th 06, 05:48 PM Posted to misc.kids,alt.mothers
Replies: 53
Posted By L.
How Dangerous is Childhood

wrote:

HIS sentiments, definitely. Though, IIRC, he said it less distinctly.
Since he relatively seldom talks about the need for Judeo-Christian
parenting, especially when...
Forum: General August 26th 06, 05:45 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 42
Posted By L.
How to tie shoelaces

Chookie wrote:
How the heck do you teach a child to do it? DS1 is 5 1/2 yo. Tried this
morning, again. He couldn't/wouldn't even copy holding the laces 5cm from the
thumb knot (the knot you...
Forum: General August 25th 06, 04:17 PM Posted to misc.kids,alt.mothers
Replies: 53
Posted By L.
How Dangerous is Childhood

wrote:
ignore him.

Why do you consider him an idiot? Examples, please? My only immediate
quarrel with him is that he's suggested strongly, more than once, that
anyone...
Forum: General August 25th 06, 04:16 PM Posted to misc.kids,alt.mothers
Replies: 53
Posted By L.
How Dangerous is Childhood

wrote:
Excerpt: Resolution #4 - "I will not take my child's side in a dispute
with the teacher, even if I think the teacher's being slightly unfair.
If I think she's being...
Forum: General August 25th 06, 08:06 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By L.
really bummed out about shooting and in laws

StephanieTheGoofy wrote:
I live in Nowwhere VT. My son is starting Kindergarten in a little over a
week. Two things happened today that disturbed me greatly. In a town 2 towns
over from mine...
Forum: General August 25th 06, 07:58 AM Posted to misc.kids,alt.mothers
Replies: 53
Posted By L.
How Dangerous is Childhood

wrote:

This is something we don't hear enough about. That is, how exactly are
adults to balance the need to protect kids - since most molesters are
not strangers - with...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100