Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: shinypenny
Forum: Twins & Triplets November 5th 07, 08:30 PM Posted to misc.fitness.weights,rec.running,alt.parenting.twins-triplets
Replies: 62
Posted By shinypenny
The Runner's Physique

On Nov 5, 3:23 pm, Prisoner at War wrote:
On Nov 2, 8:24 pm, "ATP*" wrote:

http://www.arthurdevany.com/2005/09/twins.html

Forum: Solutions May 14th 07, 07:35 PM Posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
Replies: 198
Posted By shinypenny
Behavior and attitude of modern teens, particularly girls

On May 12, 6:13 pm, "nimue" wrote:
shinypenny wrote:
On May 12, 12:23 pm, "nimue" wrote:
shinypenny wrote:
On May 6, 5:34 pm, "nimue"...
Forum: General May 14th 07, 07:35 PM Posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
Replies: 193
Posted By shinypenny
Behavior and attitude of modern teens, particularly girls

On May 12, 6:13 pm, "nimue" wrote:
shinypenny wrote:
On May 12, 12:23 pm, "nimue" wrote:
shinypenny wrote:
On May 6, 5:34 pm, "nimue"...
Forum: Solutions May 12th 07, 06:09 PM Posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
Replies: 198
Posted By shinypenny
Behavior and attitude of modern teens, particularly girls

On May 12, 12:23 pm, "nimue" wrote:
shinypenny wrote:
On May 6, 5:34 pm, "nimue" wrote:

Really? Well, what would you suggest a teacher do...
Forum: General May 12th 07, 06:09 PM Posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher

On May 12, 12:23 pm, "nimue" wrote:
shinypenny wrote:
On May 6, 5:34 pm, "nimue" wrote:

Really? Well, what would you suggest a teacher do...
Forum: Solutions May 12th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
Replies: 198
Posted By shinypenny
Behavior and attitude of modern teens, particularly girls

On May 12, 10:20 am, Rowley wrote:

And some radio announcers are getting fired for parroting it.

That's because he didn't understand the social subleties of who...
Forum: General May 12th 07, 04:27 PM Posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
Replies: 193
Posted By shinypenny
Behavior and attitude of modern teens, particularly girls

On May 12, 10:20 am, Rowley wrote:

And some radio announcers are getting fired for parroting it.

That's because he didn't understand the social subleties of who...
Forum: General May 12th 07, 02:44 PM Posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher
Replies: 193
Posted By shinypenny
Behavior and attitude of modern teens, particularly girls

On May 6, 5:34 pm, "nimue" wrote:

Really? Well, what would you suggest a teacher do when he hears, say, a boy
calling a girl a dick-sucking little **** in front of the...
Forum: Solutions May 12th 07, 02:44 PM Posted to alt.parenting.solutions,misc.kids,alt.education,k12.chat.teacher

On May 6, 5:34 pm, "nimue" wrote:

Really? Well, what would you suggest a teacher do when he hears, say, a boy
calling a girl a dick-sucking little **** in front of the...
Forum: General January 14th 07, 06:46 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 140
Posted By shinypenny
snack problem at gym daycare

toypup wrote:
"shinypenny" wrote in message
Anyway, might as well get used to the peanut-free...
Forum: General January 14th 07, 06:38 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 140
Posted By shinypenny
snack problem at gym daycare

Anne Rogers wrote:
I may be way off-base here, but why bring something packaged? At DD1
and DD2's daycare, they had a requirement that all snacks be nut-free
(and in a facility that was...
Forum: General January 14th 07, 04:07 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 140
Posted By shinypenny
snack problem at gym daycare

Anne Rogers wrote:
It happens that the staff member that had dealt with this was "in training",
so it's something she's going to take up with her supervisor, I'm worried
that it will go the...
Forum: General December 5th 06, 08:38 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 5
Posted By shinypenny
kid nosebleed

ET wrote:
Thank you very much. I don't think it is a big issue either, by the way it
maybe connected with the dry air indoors at the winter time.

Make sure she isn't picking her nose. I'm...
Forum: General November 30th 06, 02:11 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 71
Posted By shinypenny
9-year-old and not listening

toto wrote:

When a child hits, the key is that you need to be consistent and you
need to actually work on this to the exclusion of anything else for a
learning period in my opinion.

Now...
Forum: General November 30th 06, 02:08 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 71
Posted By shinypenny
9-year-old and not listening

toypup wrote:
"Rosalie B." wrote in message

I was the older child and my mom told me that under no...
Forum: General November 30th 06, 01:55 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 71
Posted By shinypenny
9-year-old and not listening

Chookie wrote:
A friend of mine is using a Marble Jar system (we were talking about these
things today because I've found this thread really interesting). Each member
of her family has a jar,...
Forum: General November 26th 06, 04:44 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 71
Posted By shinypenny
9-year-old and not listening

Sue wrote:
"Chookie" wrote in message
We do, as well, but it's more of the "What's next on your list?" variety.
DS1's morning routine is all kinda...
Forum: Child Support November 8th 06, 03:07 AM Posted to alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
Replies: 311
Posted By shinypenny
Name change because parent not visiting child

wrote:
I have the sole physical custody of my minor child with the father
having the usual visitaion rights. I am a citizen of state of Georgia.
The father does provide...
Forum: General September 23rd 06, 01:27 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 122
Posted By shinypenny
math class from Hell (aka Banty's nightmare)

bizby40 wrote:

Grrr....

Ask Doug (in the other group) about this.

jen
Forum: General August 21st 06, 11:22 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 142
Posted By shinypenny
UPDATE: first day of kindergarten and homework!

toypup wrote:

So, I talked to DS's kindergarten teacher today. She said she would give
him Monday's homework packet this Friday and every Friday for a time until
he could transition to the...
Forum: General August 10th 06, 10:01 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 54
Posted By shinypenny
How to make a 3 year old understand

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
To be honest, no, I've never had a problem
with a "regular" cart--with or without a child in it--
aside from a sticky or squeaky wheel.

How tall are you? (Maybe it's a...
Forum: General August 10th 06, 08:57 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By shinypenny
Should a 12 year old have a computer in her room?

user wrote:
I think that the whole issue of "dangers of the internet" are
way, way overblown. It's the 21st century equivalent of "a molester
is lurking around every corner" of my...
Forum: General August 10th 06, 08:49 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 25
Posted By shinypenny
Should a 12 year old have a computer in her room?

Rich wrote:
My wife thinks it's ok and says the girl is trustworthy and needs
privacy to do her homework.

I think kids shouldn't have a machine in their room for many reasons.
Obviosly...
Forum: General August 10th 06, 08:44 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 54
Posted By shinypenny
How to make a 3 year old understand

Ericka Kammerer wrote:
Laura Faussone wrote:
Ericka Kammerer wrote:

What cart are you thinking about? I've never
had much of an issue with them, even with bigger kids.
Forum: General August 9th 06, 08:25 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 54
Posted By shinypenny
How to make a 3 year old understand

Nan wrote:

I don't think this would be an issue for a 3 yo in a normal shopping
cart. My 6 yo still likes to ride in the seat of the cart. Her legs
are a bit too dangly, but she's not too...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32