Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Donna Metler[_2_]
Forum: General March 11th 09, 12:34 PM Posted to alt.bitterness,alt.education,misc.education,misc.kids
Replies: 67
Posted By Donna Metler[_2_]
Wouldn't Want To Go To School Today

"Rowley" wrote in message
toto wrote:
On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 10:46:41 GMT, (Way Back Jack)
wrote:

At...
Forum: General March 10th 09, 02:20 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 6
Posted By Donna Metler[_2_]
Child developing an "accent", sort of?

Thanks! It's reassuring to hear that my child isn't the only one who did
this-and that she's probably not going to sound like she's going to a rodeo
forever ;).

Donna
Forum: General March 8th 09, 02:27 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 6
Posted By Donna Metler[_2_]
Child developing an "accent", sort of?

We're in the southern US, but not an area with a strong regional accent
(dialect, among some populations, yes, accent in standard American English,
no). Recently, my 4 yr old has started using a...
Forum: General February 10th 09, 01:27 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 8
Posted By Donna Metler[_2_]
How many uniforms for a kindergartener?

"Welches" wrote in message

"Chookie" wrote in message
Forum: General February 8th 09, 03:15 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 8
Posted By Donna Metler[_2_]
How many uniforms for a kindergartener?

For those who have/have had children in schools which use uniforms, do you
have any suggestions on how and what to buy? DD will be required to actually
wear the full school uniform for parochial...
Forum: General January 27th 09, 03:29 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 15
Posted By Donna Metler[_2_]
A bike

"Rosalie B." wrote in message
"Welches" wrote:

Three children appoximately...
Forum: General January 27th 09, 12:57 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 23
Posted By Donna Metler[_2_]
Pocket money

We had a similar scenerio, and it really wasn't an issue. By the time I was
in college, I didn't care if my brother had gotten one more year of an
allowance than I did. And, by secondary school, my...
Forum: General January 17th 09, 07:03 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 16
Posted By Donna Metler[_2_]
What kind of TV programs do your kids watch?

Cory in the House is another Disney channel show with a smart boy character,
and while Cory isn't an athlete, he's a lot farther from the "nerd"
stereotype than Cody is.
Forum: General January 13th 09, 09:56 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 7
Posted By Donna Metler[_2_]
Parent conference vent

I just got a note on these from my daughter's school, and
I'm wondering how it's handled elsewhere. I have to say, as
a mom, it almost seems like the school doesn't actually
want us to do conferences...
Forum: General January 4th 09, 03:57 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 18
Posted By Donna Metler[_2_]
Ped appointment

I think it's only regularly done if you live in an area with a high soil
concentration of lead or you live in an old house which might have lead
paint, or on request. I know that one thing they do...
Forum: General December 12th 08, 12:41 AM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 29
Posted By Donna Metler[_2_]
birthday in february

"toypup" wrote in message

"Donna Metler" wrote in message

Forum: General December 11th 08, 11:55 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 29
Posted By Donna Metler[_2_]
birthday in february

How old is she? We did a morning party for my DD this year, because some of
her younger friends still nap in the afternoon, but that wouldn't be a
problem if your child is more than, say, 5.

Forum: General November 25th 08, 06:07 PM Posted to misc.kids
Replies: 6
Posted By Donna Metler[_2_]
Scared of a car??

I'd suggest either seeing if you could trade cars, or just renting one for a
few days. Fears don't have to be rational to be real, and driving is
probably NOT the best time to try to face fears by...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13