Old November 11th 04, 05:00 PM
Sarah Vaughan

In message , Nan
writes
On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 09:08:30 -0800, "Circe"
scribbled:

I agree, it is sad. But I think it is equally sad that boys/men aren't
raised to recognize that an unplanned pregnancy is (or at least can be) as
great a problem for *them* as it is for the girl/woman.

I almost agree. The real truth, imo is that girls/women are affected
moreso. The father can reduce himself to a walking checkbook if he
chooses, and the girl is left holding the entire bag.

The other side of that is that a man who _wants_ to be more than a
walking chequebook may well have a very difficult time doing so. There
are a lot of men out there who would love to be more involved with their
children but find they just can't do so because the mother's being
obstructive. That's something else that a man might well find worth
thinking about if he's considering unprotected sex (or even protected
sex, since condoms aren't perfect). Of course, those teenage boys
probably weren't that gung-ho about the idea of fatherhood, but it's
worth thinking about the whole issue of what it would be like to know
there is a child of yours out there that you aren't being allowed to see
or become involved with.

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley