Old June 2nd 04, 07:41 PM
Bob LeChevalier

Holger Dansk wrote:
Evidence is to the contrary.

What evidence is indicative of them doing anything productive
whatsoever?

They are alive.

They carved some ugly figures out of wood. Hooray!!!

They probably think your artwork is pretty ugly too.

Just sat on that termite mound saying, "muhfugger", muhfugger", all day,

Did your father-in-law testify to this?

Any leisure time was probably spent sitting on a termite mound
saying "muhfugger". (in their primitive language, of course)

Their language is no more primitive than yours, of course.

I didn't live a thousand years ago.

Language a thousand years ago was no more primitive than it is today.
(Latin was big some 2000 years ago, of course).

I'm speaking of what they did for
thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of
years. Primitive means "old" or "primeval".

Not as an adjective on "language".

lojbab
--
lojbab
Bob LeChevalier, Founder, The Logical Language Group