Old June 14th 04, 08:39 PM
Welches

Default Breakthrough Chickenpox infection... what to expect?

Cathy Weeks wrote in message
m...
Sigh... Kivi has chickenpox. She was vaccinated around her first
birthday for varicella, but she, and at least one other child (also
vaccinated) at her daycare have chickenpox.

#1's just had chickenpox. (age 3.5yrs). She's never been vaccinated (don't
do it here) but had it lightly. She was slightly more weepy than usual...
ate like a horse and full of beans! Not even a slight fever. Well, our dr.
gives "rhus tox"- a homeopathic stuff that stops the spots developing. She
had 130 (yes, we counted) red flat spots of which about 30 actually came to
anything. 5 days after the spots came out they were all crusted over and was
out of quarantine. Today-1 week later she's hardly even got signs of the
spots.

She did make me laugh though. One day 3 of chickenpox, I had t go to the
shops and she didn't want me to. Then she said that she wanted a present, I
asked what would help and she said "I think chocolate's good for little
girls with chickenpox" I said okay I'd get some buttons, then just before I
went she stopped me and said "I don't know whether chocolate's good for
chickenpox-I think I better have some from the cupboard before you go to
check!"

Debbie