Old March 10th 04, 06:25 AM
David

Default Teachers

Hi Kim

It wasn't so long ago that children with an intellectual disadvantage were hung
upside down in the hope of more blood to their brain the smarter they would
get. A "refinement" of this approach was to strap them to a wheel type devise,
and spin them around for hours at a time - the idea being that this would FORCE
more blood to their brain and they would end up no longer retarded (as they
were labelled then)

David - who is so glad we have improved (well a bit anyway) in our views of how
people with a disability should be treated

Kim wrote:

I did read the entire post... Several times... Each time I read it I got
angrier and angrier and it wasn't even MY child... I don't care who she
thought she was emulating... If she's living that far in the past perhaps
it's time she took a few refresher courses or retired? It might have been
better for the kids... Next year she may read that a scholar hung his pupils
upside down for hours on end to get the blood rushing to their brains... Who
knows what else she could come up with... Ahhhhhhhhh more "what ifs"

Agreeing to disagree more
sorry
Kim