Old July 25th 04, 05:42 AM
Angela Schepers

Default Losing weight by breastfeeding

I haven't lost any weight and am still 20 lbs above my pre-pregnancy
weight and I gained 35 pounds while pregnant. I'm also still Bfing my
son. I'm still waiting for the weight to come off because I really
can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes still. How depressing.

Wendy wrote:
In many different places I have read and heard about breastfeeding
helping you to regain your shape and lose weight after having a baby. Is
this really true? Has it worked for anyone? I wasn't able to bf Nolan
for long enough to really tell. (only 2 months) I know I did lose quite
a bit of weight during that time but it could have been from all of the
swelling going down and simply from giving birth. I know bf-ing burns a
lot of calories but you have to eat more calories than usual to preserve
the quality of the milk supply. If you are on a "diet" and restricting
your caloric intake isn't that bad for the milk? So are you better off
bf-ing or stopping bf-ing and going on a diet, in terms of losing
weight?

Wendy
Mom to Nolan 7-11-03 and baby girl due in Nov.