Old March 10th 07, 01:30 AM posted to misc.kids
Chookie

Default dyslexia testing

In article .com,
" wrote:

At what age do they recommend testing for dyslexia if there are
symptoms? My almost 4 year old writes a few letters and numbers
backwards and says some words backwords (kitchen/chicken etc). At what
age should we stop assuming this is because the kids are still
learning and exploring their fine motor skills and vocab skills? I'm
not at all worried about this right now. I want to know at what age I
should pay more attention to this and get an evaluation.

No idea, but I am quite sure that your 4yo is normal. My 6yo still
occasionally says "breftust" instead of breakfast, though "hostable" is now a
thing of the past. Most 4yos aren't writing letters and they do often mix up
directions for a while.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue