Old July 19th 04, 06:18 PM
Bob Whiteside

Default "Child support stuck in system"

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
Child support stuck in system
Special Report: In the often-contentious world of child support, it's
not uncommon for one parent to tell the other that the child-support
check is "in the mail." Sometimes, it's just an excuse to put off a
nagging ex-spouse.
at http://www.washtimes.com/specialrepo...0901-6910r.htm

What I find absolutely mind boggling about the issue of undistributed CS
collections is the CS agencies have to employ investigators to chase down
the obligees to give them the money. If the CS was so critical to raising
children, one would think the CP would go out of their way to keep the state
informed about where to send the money. I can't help but think OCSE is
covering up a bigger problem of employee incompetence and computer problems
that are the root cause, rather than UDC's.

As usual what is not talked about is just as important as what is talked
about. There was zero mention from OCSE officials that some of the money
was over-collected and/or no longer owed and they would take legal steps to
stop the UDC in those circumstances. The obligee could be dead,
incarcerated, institutionalized, or have abandoned the children leaving them
with a relative or family friend. Of course, to mention those types of
circumstances would require portraying women in a poor light. Pointing out
those types of situations would run counter to the mommies good, daddies bad
bias in the CS system.