Old June 11th 04, 06:36 AM
R. Steve Walz

Default How Children REALLY React To Control

Chris wrote:

In alt.parenting.spanking Nathan A. Barclay wrote:

: "R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
: ...

: No. Think a minute, what is the one way someone could be exposed to
: abuse and yet not themselves be abused, so that they learned about
: abuse but had little or none of the neurotic reaction against it,
: but who was scandalized by it and horrified by it unlike others more
: accustomed to it?? Answer: By living as the exceptional family among
: a real bunch of abusive insane fundy rural hillbillies and being
: totally disgusted by the effects of abuse on their little playmates
: who ARE being abyssmally abused for a decade or more by these abusive
: cretins!!

: If the statistics even come halfway close to holding, most of your "little
: playmates" presumably grew up to believe in spanking. Would you take the
: kind of verbally abusive attitude toward them that you do toward me?

Note that verbally abusive Steven is a product of the child discipline
technique which you claim "by and large works well."

Chris

-----------------
If you look at my post above, I would hardly call that
"verbally abusive".

As to being a "product of (abusive) child discipline":
Nope.
More complicated than that:

I witnessed OTHERS being severely abused and dishonored, while
I was not, so I was "abused" indirectly by witness of that abuse
to others, but was NOT abused, so I have both that AND survivor
guilt as MY motivations.
Steve