Old October 9th 06, 04:35 PM posted to alt.mens-rights,alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
Phil

Default Things to think of before you get married again..

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Fred" wrote in message
. net...
Gini wrote:
"teachrmama" wrote
And you, Fred, are totally *dismissing* WOMEN'S responsibilities!
I am a woman, and I find it demeaning that you keep harping on what
MEN should do, but not a hint about how WOMEN should handle their
responibilities in the same situation. Everything a woman does
after the sex act is a consequence of where that mean old man left
his semen. Nonsense! Or maybe I'm just reading you wrong--why
don't you clearly delineate what the woman's responsibilities are
after the consequence of pregnancy becomes an issue.
==
A ride to the CSE office? (Because she's *owed* it, of course.)

I guess that the matter is best explained by reference to the theme
of the game Fable: "For every choice, a consequence."

So he chooses to spread his semen hither and yon, and she chooses to
let him spread it in her. And let's say that the consequence is
pregnancy. Now there are other choices to be made, in this case by
her, and from those choices will spring consequences in turn.

Had there been no pregnancy, the consequences resulting therefrom
would not have occurred, because the choices resulting therefrom
would not have had to be made. And had he not spread his semen
around, or had she chosen not to let him spread his semen in her,
there would have been no pregnancy.

Yes, she contributed to that pregnancy. But so did he, and attempts
to deny that fact with sanctimonious bleatings to the effect of "her
body, her choice, her responsibility" are simply not valid.

Yes, he does not have input into certain downstream
choices/consequences. That's unfortunate, but it does not absolve him
from taking at least some responsibility for the consequences of his
behavior in spreading his semen hither and yon, including downstream
consequences not of his choosing, for at the end of the day it's "his
semen, his choice, his responsibility."

Abortion? Without an unwanted pregnancy, there is no abortion. And
without his semen, there is no unwanted pregnancy. "His semen, his
choice, his responsibility."

Child support? Without a pregnancy, there is no child to support. And
without his semen, there is no pregnancy. "His semen, his choice, his
responsibility."

What, I want to know, is so damned bad about suggesting that people
take responsibility?

PLEASE pay better attention, Fred! You have never heard me deny the
responsibility of either parent--never! What I AM saying is that
WOMEN also need to be held responsible! BOTH parties are resposible,
and BOTH should have both RIGHTS and RESPONSIBILITIES!

I think where you're losing him is when you advocate women having
similar responsibility or men having similar rights.
Phil #3

Both mother and father should have the wonderful joy of raising the
child, and both mother and father should pay for it--as co-parents,
not as one parent and one walking ATM. The woman had sex just as
surely as the man did. What I am tired of is having the blessibng of
raising the child treated as HER "consequence" and the responsibility
of paying for it treated as HIS "consequence." Her egg-her
resposibility, his semen-his responsibility---no problem with me.

So please, Fred, tell me what you see as the woman's responsibility
when an unexpected pregnancy occurs. Tell me if you think she is
equally responsibile in all the same ways as a man is--or if you go
along with the woman gets the child and man pays for it system now in
place.