Old October 9th 06, 04:51 PM posted to alt.mens-rights,alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
Fred

Default Things to think of before you get married again..

Phil wrote:
"Fred" wrote in message
. net...
Phil wrote:
"Fred" wrote in message
. net...
teachrmama wrote:

Second question: If it is reasonable for a man to know *all* the
potential consequences of his actions, is it any less reasonable
for women to also know, which negates abortion on demand as a
reasonable response to accidental pregnancy?
Your bigotry is getting in the way again.

Abortion *is* one of the potential consequences.
No it isn't!
Sure it is! Your bigotry is distorting your understanding of the
nature of consequences.

Pregnancy can be a consequence of having sex.
And abortion can be a consequence of pregnancy. Doesn't have to be,
but it can be. It's one a of a range of possible consequences of
pregnancy, others of which are adoption and carrying to term. All
are consequences.

Another choice is legal abandonment. All the post-conception choices
are available to women while none are available to men so why are
choices he is not allowed to make a consequence to the man?

Because he is responsible for where his semen ends up.

You didn't even attempt to answer the question.

I did answer the question. You just don't want to recognize it, because
to do so would mean that you are prepared to accept responsibility for
your actions, and it is clear to me that, like the rest of your ilk, you
won't do that.

"His semen, his choice, his responsibility."

Won't confront that statement, either. Hits too close to the truth, I
guess.

It's like this: without his semen, there's no conception, without
conception, there is no pregnancy, without pregnancy, there is no
abortion, or abandonment, or live birth, or whatever outcome you choose
to list.

"His semen, his choice, his responsibility."

And no matter how hard you and your colleagues try to evade that
responsibility, y'all can't do it.

Sex may cause a pregnancy. Until a pregnancy occurs, both are equal
in deciding 1) to abstain from sex; 2) use contraception; 3) or do
nothing, hoping no pregnancy will occur. After pregnancy, the man has
no choices except those given by the woman and in fact, he may not
even be aware a pregnancy occurred. She is not even legally required
to inform him.

He should have thought of that before the fact. He should have been
responsible before the fact, because he sure as hell is gonna have to
own up to his responsibilities after the fact.

But women do not need to be responsible because we have men onto which
to pin responsibility for her decisions?

Women have responsibilities, too. But I don't see women trying to evade
their responsibilities, although there is one nutcase around here who
thinks they are. I do, however, see lots of men trying to do so.

And even if someone else was not as responsible as she might have been,
that does not serve to negate his responsibility in the matter.

Why do you feel women need the extra options that you seem to want to
forbid men?

What do you mean by "extra options"?

[this should be good ... ]

You also raise another interesting problem: what if the mother doesn't
tell him about the pregnancy, does he STILL have responsibilities and
what are they?

It's still his semen, right? I mean, just because he doesn't know that
he did something doesn't mean that he didn't do it. So yeah, he still
has a degree of moral accountability, and if the child is alive, he
definitely has legal accountability.

What if she does as some do, and keep it a secret for a decade or so.
What are his responsibilities then?

See above.