Old October 9th 06, 08:38 PM posted to alt.mens-rights,alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
Phil

Default Things to think of before you get married again..

"Fred" wrote in message
. net...
Let's get right to the nub of it:

Phil wrote:

Not *the* responsibility. *A* responsibility.

"Her body, her choice, her responsibility."

"His semen, his choice, his responsibility."

"For every choice, a consequence."

But not equal choices nor consequences including after childbirth
when both parents are, or should be, equal.

First of all, when it comes to reproduction, you are confusing
equality with sameness.

No, I'm not. No matter how much you wish it were so.

Males and females have different sets of choices and consequences
because they are not biologically the same. When you can bear children,
then I will grant you the same set of choices regarding reproduction as
are available to women. Until then, you'll just have to work with the
choices and consequences available to men.

So what you're saying is that since I can't get pregnant, I have no
responsibility for any children, period.

After childbirth, there should be equity. In some jurisdictions, that
is the case; in others, it is not. That's an issue for legislatures to
resolve.

It is NOT the case in ANY jurisdiction in the US, PERIOD.
Phil #3