Old October 10th 06, 09:34 PM posted to alt.mens-rights,alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
Ken Chaddock

Default Things to think of before you get married again..

Moon Shyne wrote:

"teachrmama" wrote in message

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Ken Chaddock" wrote in message

Fred wrote:

Gini wrote:

"teachrmama" wrote

And you, Fred, are totally *dismissing* WOMEN'S responsibilities! I
am a woman, and I find it demeaning that you keep harping on what MEN
should do, but not a hint about how WOMEN should handle their
responibilities in the same situation. Everything a woman does after
the sex act is a consequence of where that mean old man left his
semen. Nonsense! Or maybe I'm just reading you wrong--why don't you
clearly delineate what the woman's responsibilities are after the
consequence of pregnancy becomes an issue.

==
A ride to the CSE office? (Because she's *owed* it, of course.)

I guess that the matter is best explained by reference to the theme of
the game Fable: "For every choice, a consequence."

It's too bad that you seem to grasp the obvious fact that all post
conception choices are the woman's and therefore, in accordance with the
precepts of "Natural/Fundamental" Justice, all the consequences that
follow from those choices should also be hers.

So he chooses to spread his semen hither and yon, and she chooses to
let him spread it in her. And let's say that the consequence is
pregnancy.

But that's as far as the "consequence" of his "spreading his sperm
around" go. After that the woman has many options and CHOICES...even if
she decides (note the word "decides") not to abort the fetus, that to,
is a CHOICE, the consequence of which will most likely be the birth of a
child...

And if the child is born, how does that absolve the man from any
responsibility for or to the child?
Isn't it still 50% genetically his child, and legally his child as well?

Now there are other choices to be made, in this case by her, and from
those choices will spring consequences in turn.

Yes, as I noted above, but ALL post conception choices are HER choices,
to hold him responsible for the consequences that follow from HER
choices is fundamentally unfair, unjust and, on top of all that, most
likely unconstitutional...

So because she has choices that pertain strictly to undergoing (or not
undergoing) a medical and surgical procedure, you think this absolves the
man from any responsibility, even though it's still his child?

When the father legally has 50% of the rights to match his
responsibilities, the we can come back to his responsibilities toward the
child. Until he becomes an actual parent in the life of the child he
helped create--50/50 with the mother, he also should not be the bankroll.

So if one parent dumps all of the responsibility onto the other parent, the
parent shouldering the responsibility gets all the rights, and the parent
who dumped their responsibilities gets no rights?

Exactly...as long as it was voluntary. Just as the father
shouldn't/doesn't have the right to force the mother to abort or not to
abort, the mother shouldn't/doesn't have the right to exclude the father
against his will...it's *ALL* about BOTH PARENTS having a *FREE* choice...

....Ken