Old October 12th 06, 02:42 AM posted to alt.mens-rights,alt.child-support,alt.support.divorce
teachrmama

Default Things to think of before you get married again..

"Fred" wrote in message
. net...
Bob Whiteside wrote:

So if she's not gonna give the father a chance, and if she's not gonna
give adoption a chance, then absent a "safe haven" law there's no chance
at all for the child; it's gonna end up in the dumpster. Is that what
you want? I don't.

And you won't answer my question, either. Once again, you studiously avoid
answering the tough ones.

That's intellectually dishonest, Bob.

I am rapidly getting the impression that, given the choice between
having a "safe harbor" law that saves the life of a child while letting
the irresponsible mother walk away unpunished, and not having a "safe
harbor" law and seeing the child die in a dumpster so that the
irresponsible mother can be punished, you'd prefer to see the child die
in a dumpster. What say you? About THOSE CHOICES, Bob. No dad; she's not
gonna do that. No adoption; she's not gonna do that. She's
irresponsible, remember? You have two choices: save the child, or see it
die in a dumpster.

What say you?

I say you are on the wrong side of this issue, even for a feminist, and
here
is why.

Have you ever looked at the dictionary definition of "feminism"? I was
astounded to find that it means ": the theory of the political, economic,
and social equality of the sexes". That makes a feminist an advocate of
the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes.

So, I wondered, if you are not a feminist, which I am sure you would agree
is an accurate characterization, then what are you? That led me to the
following:

"masculinist : an advocate of male superiority or dominance".

So let's see, feminists are for equality of the sexes, masculinists are
for male dominance.

That explains a lot ... (8-)

These laws don't work. Statistically only a couple of babies per year
are
dropped off at safe havens, but dozens are abandoned and left to die by
their birth mothers.

And what is your problem with saving a couple of newborn children from
ending up dead in a dumpster? Get in the way of the masculinist point of
view, maybe?

But let's return to yet another question that you have studiously avoided
answering:

You have two choices: save the child, or see it die in a dumpster. Which
do you choose?

Let's have an honest answer this time.

You preach it , Sister!! Hallelujah!! snicker