Old October 17th 06, 01:25 PM posted to alt.child-support,alt.mens-rights,alt.support.divorce
Kenneth S.

Default Things to think of before you get married again..

Anyone who follows the outcome of lawsuits over prenuptial contracts
knows that the extent to which they protect those who enter into them is
severely limited. In the first place, courts make use of the phony
"contrary to public policy" argument to rule out any contracts that cover
the really important issues like custody of the children. Secondly, even in
regard to financial assets, no man should rely on a prenuptial contract as a
guarantee that a court in the future will not award to his soon to be
ex-wife a good proportion of the assets that he has built up.

I'm not saying that prenuptial contracts are worthless. They're better
than nothing. But all the "stupid men" that Fred/enquiring minds is so
concerned about had better not place too much trust in them. Better to
follow the advice of Fred/enquiring minds, and marry a woman who's much
wealthier, and let HER worry about what happens if there's a divorce. (But
don't tell Anna Nicole Smith that I said this -- I don't want to jinx our
relationship.)

"Fred" wrote in message
. net...
Kenneth S. wrote:
"Enquiring minds" makes frequent references in her comments below to
"stupid men," and the various ways in which they show their stupidity.

That is a distortion.

I searched the message in question for the phrase "stupid men", and what I
found was the phrase, "this relates to stupid men who marry women who earn
less than they do."

However, the whole tone of her message suggests that any man who has any
intimate contact with a woman is stupid -- particularly if the woman
exhibits the attitudes shown by "enquiring minds."

More distortions ...

This is the kind of message that tells us much more about "enquiring
minds" than it does about the issues being discussed here.

... and yet more.

Dusty is right. The balance of power between the sexes HAS been
destroyed.

Y'all masculinists aren't talking about balance of power. y'all are
talking about male superiority and dominance over women, specifically by
controlling the money.

So it's real simple: if you want to control the money, execute a pre-nup.
I am a big fan of pre-nups, because they spell out the responsibilities of
the parties. That's always a good thing, in my opinion. It is simply the
smart thing to do.